Chapter 2

After I went home Emmi had grabbed me and practically strangled me. She was worrying over and over and kept saying that she'll never let me go out and get groceries by myself again. I had slapped her, saying that she sounded like a mom (cuz she did). She said that she knew that I would have a hard time getting around since I still don't know L.A. from top to bottom. When she went to bed, I had laid in the bed I borrowed for the summer and thought of that boy, Connor.

He was really sweet, helping me and all.

I feel like I had seen him somewhere before... then again L.A is a semi-big place. So if I were to see him again, it would be a one in a million chance to actually find him a second time.

What would I know though? I'm a New Yorker, I don't know anything about Los Angeles besides it being a surfer state....was that another stereotype about California?

I shook my head. I didn't tell Emmi about the whole "boy helping and complimenting me" thing. But I don't think it was that important to tell her, right?

Connor was the last thing I thought about before I went to sleep that night.

----

The next morning I wake up with sore arms. I was probably that unfit because I shouldn't be getting sore arms from carrying two bags of groceries.

Is this a sign that I should work out?

I ignore my thoughts as I blinked several times. I look at the clock. 7:30a.m?

Why did I wake up so early?

I cover my face with the blankets, layering myself into warmth for me to fall back asleep. Only an hour passes when I hear a blaring alarm.

WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

I jolt out of bed and find myself on the floor. "urrghghhgh..." a weird noise comes out of my mouth. I open my eyes to see Emmi fully dressed, wide awake, and already moving. "Why are you still sleeping? GET UP", she practically yells in my ear. Another weird noise emitted from my mouth before I felt something hit me on the head. It felt like clothes. When I take a peek at what it was, my guess was correct. It was clothes.

"I bought you new clothes while you were asleep. Thought you would like some L.A fashion", she pipes perkily. I swear I hear a smile somewhere in that sentence.

I lift my head from the covers and see a cute black tank top and navy blue shorts in front of me. I sat up from the floor and stick my tongue out at her. Emmi flinches when she looks at me.

"What?"

"Your hair is a nasty mess", she says bluntly.

"Haha, I know. Thanks", I respond flatly.

She grabs my arm and forces me up. She drags me to the bathroom with a comb and a straightener in her hand. "Let's pretty you up!"

A mini flashback hits me when she spoke those four words.

. ....I don't want a pretty girl to struggle with carrying two bags of groceries while finding her car....

I feel my cheeks flush pink again. I try to stop thinking about it so Emmi wouldn't notice.

That was not successful as she looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Autumn, why are you blushing?" she asks with a sly smile. I frowned automatically. "I am?" I played it off.

Emmi waved the straightener in front of my face. I cringe back, feeling the heat of the two plates emanating from it. "Don't lie to me! Why are you blushing?"