Chapter 18

Autumn’s POV

Sunshine pierced my vision through my eyelids so I had no other choice but to wake up. I squinted and felt breeze on my face. It took me a few seconds to remember that I slept outside. I felt someone’s arms tighten around me. My heart fluttered, I shifted around to see his wonderful face in front of me. He was still asleep, his chest rising and falling. I can hear him breathing deeply. I scooted up until I was nose to nose with Connor.

I stared at him for a while, I know it sounds kind of creepy but I couldn’t help it. His face was fully relaxed and he looked like a little kid again. My nose was close to his, touching at the tip. I stared at his lips, his cheeks, his eyelashes...his face in general.

I realized that he hasn’t kissed me in a while. There was the usual kiss on the cheek from time to time, but not an actual kiss. I felt a pang of guilt. Was I not interesting anymore? I mean I’m not the most interesting person in the world but I mean….you know.

I probably sound really greedy but I really did miss his kiss.

Like on cue or something, Connor’s eyes fluttered open. His eyes widened at the closeness of our faces. I started to blush, my usual. I thought he was uncomfortable that I was so close, but what he did next totally contradicted my thoughts.

He smiled and pressed his forehead against mine. His finger traced my jawline. “Good morning baby”, he rasped, his voice still thick with sleep. My heart did a leap. Boys that sound sleepy are just the most attractive thing you can hear.

“Hi”, I murmured. My thoughts just kept going on about what I was thinking earlier. I tried not to focus on his lips, but that failed. Connor, who was still stroking my jawline, noticed I was staring at him and he lifted his eyebrow in question.

“Are you okay? What’s wrong?” he asked, his brows creasing in worry.

My mouth opened, but no sound came out. I didn’t want to sound greedy, but I just really wanted to kiss him.

I licked my lips since they were going dry, and I felt Connor go still. His eyes dart from my lips to my eyes. He swallowed, looking...nervous?

His finger that had stayed still on my jawline traced down to my neck, heat trailing on my skin. He drew tiny circles and continued to my shoulders. His hands brushed my elbow and went towards my hand. He took my hand and kissed each finger. I felt tingles spread through my whole arm.

“Baby….” he mumbled. I didn’t notice that my face was inching towards his.

My lips were inches away and I have no idea why I wanted to kiss him so bad. I looked down so I broke eye contact with him and stared at his collarbone. I felt his finger lift my chin so I can look back up again. I gazed at his green eyes, making my chest numb up. I can see the mini fight in his thoughts right now whether to kiss me or not. Before he can make his decision, I pressed my mouth against his, catching him off guard.

I don’t know why he hasn’t kissed me in a while, I’ve missed it a lot to be honest. My lips mold with his and he responds to me. His hands move down to my waist to the small of my back, pulling my body closer to his until there’s no more room between us. I placed my hand on the nape of his neck, deepening the kiss. I realized that the last time we kissed like this was in Emmi’s apartment, when I made him a bit too happy and I left a mark on his neck...that no one seemed to notice. Well I’m assuming no one did because no one asked me if I gave him a hickey.

My mouth opened a bit more and I felt his tongue slip in, which surprised me.  But I didn’t fight against it. He bit my lower lip, causing a small quiet groan to escape my lips. He released it and resumed the kiss. My leg wrapped around his to close any leftover space between us. I felt his moan against my lips and I smiled. I pulled away all too soon, and he pouted. I kissed the corner of his mouth and nuzzled my nose against his cheek.