Chapter 21

Song List:

 Worth It - Sam Tsui

Bring Me The Night - Sam Tsui ft. Kina Grannis

Connor's POV

It's been 3 weeks since Autumn walked out of the house and I have never felt so stuck in my life. I was consistently pacing back and forth in my room debating whether or not I should text her or not. My procrastination skills did not make it any easier either. I prayed every day that she would text me first, but I knew she wouldn't since she believed in "guys text the girls first" thing.

I talked to Ricky about this problem several times. Half of those talks involved him calling me "stupid" and "growing a pair of balls" because I delayed my apology to Autumn. I don't think you realize how much I want to apologize and say that I was dumb. But I didn't know the amount of words and actions that is enough for her to forgive me.

I went to Emmi for advice a couple of times since she was Autumn's best friend. But she gave me the same answer as Ricky. I need to "step up my game and grow testicles" as she quotes. So pretty much the same words Ricky said to me. She also went on a whole shit-fest for telling Autumn what not to say to her. Of course I felt guilty, I had promised that I wouldn't say it in the first place.

Emmi had slapped me (in the arm) right then and there when I went to see her the first time. She yelled at me, almost stomped at my feet and pretty much almost blew her head off. Luckily, Ricky was with me that first time to cool her down. She was very upset, especially at me for breaking Autumn's trust in me.

Another thing that should have been bothering me was Sam. I haven't seen Sam since the day I planned that special date with Autumn, and I didn't want to think about what he could possibly be doing. My mind was too wrapped up on how to get Autumn to talk to me again.

Ricky finally got annoyed of my procrastination and stormed into my room. He jolted my door open and strided in, his face positioned in a frown. I stared at him surprisingly, flustered at his random appearance.

"Connor sooner or later you have to go to Autumn and apologize. This isn't healthy and plus you're just setting yourself up for her to break up with you. Guys will eventually get to her and the next thing you know they're taking her away from you", he said bluntly. His eyes never moved from my face, a poker face set.

I pursed my lip, processing what he was saying. I know that the longer I wait, the more I lose Autumn. This is such a dumb thing, if I just kept my stupid mouth shut I could be with her now, cuddling. But no, I'm here thinking of a way to make her take me back. I don't even know if we broke up. Did we? I refuse to think we did. I shrugged. "I don't know what to do...the amount of sorries I want to say won't make up for hurting her", I said, frowning. Ricky scowled.

"I think if you actually just say 'sorry' she'll forgive you. You're overthinking this dude", he said, letting out an exasperated breath.

The next thing he said made my heart stop.

"I already called Emmi and I'm gonna drop you off at their apartment and you're going to apologize to her and make up while I take Emmi out", he stated.

I stiffened. He planned something for Autumn and I again. Why????

I stumbled my words. "why, how'd you....how...why...can't you.... what.... just-"

Ricky interrupted me. "We're leaving in an hour. You are going to make up with Autumn. Unless you don't want to be with her anymore, we're going", he said firmly. He was dead serious.