Prompt 11: "I was gonna propose to you?"-Part 1/3

*This chapter is told in the perspective of Natasha Romanoff

SB: You don't have to listen to the music with the chapter. It's just there because its a song reference and I just put ya on to Little Mix if you ain't know who they are. Enjoy!

Okay, so... it was a windy Saturday Autumn afternoon. It was a calm day at the Avengers facility in upstate New York. No imminent danger. No lives needing to be saved. No alien invasions. It was the perfect day. The team was relaxing in the comfort of the facility. Wanda and Vision were off doing couple things; Rhodey in recovery; Sam was in his room probably watching television; Peter was catching up on his studies; Steve was somewhere in the facility, probably in his office or room. 

As of right now I was standing in the grand hall, staring at the giant Avengers 'A' that hung on the wall. I enjoyed staring at the 'A' because it reminded me of who I used to be and who I am now. I used to be a killer, but now I'm a hero. Вы прошли долгий путь, г-жа Романова. Вы выжили[You've come a long way, Ms. Romanova. You have survived]. I took one last glance at the huge symbol that was a guiding light for me and made my way to my room.

As soon as I got to my room, I unlocked my door and stepped inside. I took my black vans off at the door. I walked towards my dresser and pulled out a change of clothes. I was currently wearing a black Pokemon graphic tee, grey shorts, and dark grey ankle socks. I had worn them yesterday and threw them on this morning because I was in a rush to help one of the trainees here. I, then, walked into the bathroom and turned on a hot shower. I walked back out the bathroom and grabbed my phone off my bed and connected it to my shower. I turned on 'Motivate' by Little Mix. At the moment, it's been one my favorite songs by the group. For some reason when I here this song I think about how Steve motivates me the same way the Avengers is a symbol of my survival. Yes, I know the song is talking about sex, but I like to think of the deeper meaning behind it. I went back into the bathroom and stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the steamy shower. Feeling the hot droplets of water hit my skin reminded me of the time Steve let me use his jacket as a umbrella to protect me and my hair from the rain after we came out the salon. It's really the little things that matter in a relationship.

After being the shower for thirty minutes, I threw on dark blue high waisted jeans and a off white cropped sweater and went to common area to hang out with the team. Everyone was here, but Steve. We were all telling jokes and sharing stories. "I remember this one time Tony had scored me a date with this girl. The way Tony explained the girl to me she made it seem like she was a dunce, another pretty girl. But I agreed to go on the date. I met the girl and I'm like 'she's kinda adorable.' I wasn't immediately attracted to the girl. I took her to this cute little diner around the way and as soon as we get to talking, I fell in love. This date turned into a few more dates and long story short that is how I met my Billie." Rhodey ended his story and we all hummed an 'awww' at the way he meet his wife. I was beginning to wonder why Steve hadn't come down to the common area. I excused myself and made my way to his office. I knocked on the door and didn't get a response. I knocked again and put my ear up against the door. Still no answer. He might be in his room. I took the elevator to the floor Steve's room was on. I knocked on his door and put my ear up against the door, but heard nothing. Where could he be? Putting my head down in thought I saw a note on the floor. I picked it up. The note read, 'Natasha, I'm spending the day in the training room. Feel free to stop by whenever. -S.R.' Why couldn't he just tell me? Sometimes he's just so extra or as he puts it "spontaneous." I made my way to the training room.

When I got to the training room, the doors slide apart and as soon as I walked into the room, Photograph by Ed Sheeran began to play. I  walked to the center of the room. I was standing under a single light that gave off a spotlight. I felt a presence behind so I turned around. There stood Steve. He was wearing blue dress pants and a white dress shirt. I loved how he looked in dress clothes.

This is the perfect moment. A great opportunity to propose to him.