20. Pulse

Song: In the name of love by Martin Garrix and Bebe Rexha

Derek's POV

Derek battled with his raging erection as he watched Rya walk out of the elevator and into his living room. He clenched his hands into fists to keep from reaching out to her even as his eyes followed the easy sway of her hips and the curve of her ass as she dropped her bag on his couch and turned to him.

Her eyes flickered to his crotch where his need was becoming increasingly obvious, he clenched his jaw, latching desperately onto his resolve as she slowly rid herself of her clothes.

He slid his eyes down her naked, slender curves, following her progress and examining every inch of her enticing flesh as well as the gracefulness with which she approached him as she discarded the scrap of red lace that was her bra.

'Rya,' her name fell from his lips on a groan as she molded her body to his and leaned up to press her soft full lips to his.

He squeezed his eyes shut and placed his hands low on her waist, needing the euphoria and release only she could give him. She was his drug, his addiction, the only woman who could shatter his control and possess his thoughts. She'd seeped into his life, his blood, his mind without his awareness or consent and even now, after eight years, he found himself still unable to resist her.

She moaned, as he gripped the ample flesh of her buttocks, and deepened their kiss sliding her tongue over his and pressing closer to him as her fingers slid into his hair.

Her need matched his, he observed as his fingers caressed her asscheeks and dipped between her legs probing at her core and feeling the silky wetness there.

But as urgent as their needs were, and as badly as he wanted to sink himself inside her moist welcoming heat, he needed to pace himself because he would need all the control he could muster for the things he had in store for her.

She had signed the membership papers, but her interaction with Omar that afternoon had called attention to the discomfort she felt when she was under unfamiliar male scrutiny, and if there was anything she was going to face at the barn, it was an abundance of male attention, and as ready as she thought she was, he knew he would have to prepare her further, so as to reduce the jarring effect her transition into his world would inevitably have.

He presumed the first event she would be able to attend would be the coming bi-annual gala scheduled for one months time. Her membership would be ready then, and he wanted nothing more than to bring her with him.

With considerable effort, he pulled his lips from hers, and brought his palms up to cup her cheeks, as he gazed into the stormy depths of her eyes, 'I saw your discomfort at the attention Omar paid you today,' he said softly, 'and,' he stroked her cheeks with his thumbs, 'I think it's time to begin to mentally prepare you for some of the attention you'll no doubt receive at the barn...starting now.'

Her gaze turned wary as she gave him a questioning look, 'what do you mean?'

'You're an extremely desirable woman Arabella,' he said, 'gorgeous in every way possible, and men are automatically going to be drawn to you no matter what situation you find yourself in, but especially within my circle. The men you'll meet will be less discreet and more forthright with the attention they pay you, the compliments they give, propositions they make, and the words that they use, and I will not expose you to such conditions until I'm certain you can handle that environment,' he watched her silent indignation rise and sought to clarify his last statement, 'I merely mean that whether you realize it or not, you're more bound by convention and modesty than you think.'