Chapter 2

Just a note, I couldn't find a pic of young Seulgi in school, so let's work with this image from Knowing Brothers.

P.S: Jeno so CUTEEEEEE!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joon drops off his brother at the elementary school and continues his way towards his school. He smiles at himself at the thought of the surprise he and his stepmother prepared for little Jin.

"OK Jin, after school I'll pick you up and we will go home together."

"Really hyung!?! You're taking me to our house? Not grandma's?" The little boys words struck Joon's heart. He felt bad that his younger had to stay with his grandmother since both Joon's father and stepmother had to work.

"Yea. I'm taking you home for today."

"YAY! Hyung I love you!" he hugs his brother and runs into his class.

Joon walks into class and greets Milly, and tells her about the surprise he prepared for his brother, and, although she never met Jin before since he's always away, Milly brings out a small gift she prepared for him.

"Aren't you coming to my house later today? Mom would like it if you came, plus you could finally meet Jin."

Milly knew that his family liked her visits. His father treated her like his own daughter because Joon's older sister barely makes contact with them, she practically disowned them if it wasn't for the small gifts she still sends during Christmas. And his stepmother opened up to her and they know talk like best friends, something that Joon hates since all his secrets come out that way.

But she also knew that she was needed at home more.

"Sorry Joon, but I have to go home today. We're having some sort of family talk time."

Joon could see something was wrong and decided it was best to stop asking. He already heard them fight six months ago and again two months ago after his birthday picnic. But he was also upset Milly wouldn't open up about the situation to him.

"Milly, is there something wrong? Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No. Nothings wrong. I'm just tired cuz I didn't really sleep last night because of that huge essay we were given."

Two things ran trough Joon's mind. One, he knew he was in trouble for not completing that essay. And two, if Milly didn't get sleep, then there's definitely something wrong, but he held himself back from asking anymore questions.

"Are you OK?"

"I'm OK."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIN!!!" Joon was surprised, but not as Jin when he walked in with him into their house.

"OH MAIIIII GAAAAA..." he ended with a scream, and Joon was sure his ears were bleeding. But he couldn't be any happier since he was able to bring Jin back home for his seventh birthday.

Soon, Joon, Jin and his parents all sat to enjoy cake and special dinner sent by his grandma. Afterwards, it was time to open presents, and Joon remembered the gift Milly had sent for his brother.

"Here Jin, Milly asked me to give this to you." he handed him Milly's gift before passing on his.

"WOW! Noona's is so cool!" Jin opens the box to see a remote control car, and he couldn't be any happier since it was something he always wanted.

"Hyung, is she not coming though? I really want to meet her."

"Yes Joon. Did you not tell her to come?" his stepmother continues after Jin.

"Sorry omma, but Milly seems to be busy nowadays. She said she had some errands to do." He lied, but that was the only way he could get them to stop asking. Without looking, Joon passed his present to his brother to move on from the topic. Suddenly, amidst the gift opening, there was a call in their father's phone.

"Oh my. Is it that... like... you know. I'm in the middle of something... OK. I'll get there." After ending his call, he looks up to see everyone looking at him with worried expressions.

"Sorry Jin, your mother and I have to leave for Busan in four hours. We may need to send you back to your grandmother's house." It didn't take long for Jin to start sobbing. He likes his grandmother, but he wanted to say with his family more, especially with Joon.

"Oh dear, I'll call her to see if we can drop hi..." Joon didn't let his stepmother finish.

"NO! Can't he stay. I'll take good care of him." Joon kept on whining.

"He could have stayed Joon, but you two will be alone for more than a day. And you know I can't ask you to live at my mother's house." His stepmother was right. No matter how close was with his stepmother, he wasn't someone Jin's grandmother liked very much because of his cold aura.

"We're really sorry kids. If you didn't have school tomorrow, we would have taken you with us."

Soon, Joon was walking outside with Jin back to his grandmother's house. He stopped in front of the gate and held Jin by both shoulders.

"Sorry Jin, but I guess you'll have to stay here. I'll try to bring you back for the weekend instead, OK?"

Jin shook his head as a no for that. "No hyung, I'll stay here. But, can you promise me one thing?" Joon nodded, waiting for his request. "When we get older, and you get to live alone, you will take me to live with you. Promise?" The little boy pulled up his pinky. "Promise." Joon responded, curling their pinkies together.

As he walked home, Joon was passing by Milly's house and noticed someone sitting in front of the gates. He walked toward the curled up silhouette and instantly knew who it was.

"Milly, what are you doing? What happened?"

Milly lifted her head, and Joon saw that she looked worn out, like she was studying for five hours straight.

"Joon... I have something to tell you." Joon sat next to her and rested her head on his shoulder.

"What happened? You look like you were scolded..."

"My parents are going to divorce." Milly was being so straightforward that Joon was a little shocked, but more at what she said. "And I have to choose between going back to Spain with papá or staying here with omma." Joon suddenly felt hopeless. He knew she loved Korea, but she also loved her father. There was a fifty percent chance of both options, and he definitely didn't want her to leave.

Joon moved to sit in front of Milly and held her hands in his. "What are you saying? Why is this happening? No, more importantly, what are you going to do?" Joon asked questions as if he was rapping.

"Papá told me that whatever I choose, he will be supportive and still love me. He says he understands me and won't budge with my decision. But, omma says that if I go to Spain, she will do anything to stop me from entering this country again." A tear went down Milly's cheek and Joon slowly wiped it with his thumb.

"I'm going to stay." She finally let out. Joon hugged her and told her that whatever decision she takes, it should be from her heart.

"Are you OK?" He asked.

"I'm OK."