Chapter 16

"I want noona to become my sister, in law."

Joon sprayed out his tea, and looked at the boy in shock.

"Jin, are you serious? You're not playing with me, are you?"

"Hyung, we both know omma's dying, and Jinae noona will never look at me. Milly noona is the only one I have now. And, it's also because... I want you to be happy. Noona always makes you smile, and I've watched you suffer enough. Please hyung. That's all I want this year."

Joon looked at his brother, completely speechless. He couldn't think wether this was a good or bad idea, but coming from Jin, it was more of a surprise. Jin left to go to sleep, leaving Joon zoned out. He kept thinking about what his brother said.

We just made it official... Will she accept... Then a voice brought him back to reality.

"Joon..." Joon was already too shocked at his brother, and this gave him a heart attack.

"I heard everything." Milly looked down, playing with the hem of her night dress.

"Oh. Um..."

Joon looked at her, confused about what to say, until she continued speaking...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WAH!!! WE'RE IN SPAIN!" Youngho's voice could probably be heard a several kilometers away, and Jin happily joined him in running around the place. People sometimes end up thinking Youngho was his older brother, with their similar hyperactive, slightly egoistic personalities. Joon and Milly trailed behind them, trying to keep a distance as they were too embarrassed by the boys.

"Spain really is beautiful. No wonder you like it here." Joon talked as he held Milly's hand. She didn't wear any makeup and had a mask on so that people don't recognise her. Although they were more towards the country side, where her father's family lived, and many there wouldn't have recognised her right away, she wanted to be cautious. One photo uploaded, and Kang and her mother would kill her once she returned to Korea.

"I love it here, but I've always had a special connection with Korea, so I prefer living there." Joon smiled at her.

"I'm happy you do. I can't imagine what my life would have been like, if I never met you." Milly blushed at his comment...

"ME TOO!!! I don't know how I could have been friends with Joon if you weren't around Milly." Youngho came and, purposely, ruined the moment as he swung his arms around their shoulders. Both rolled their eyes, and Jin came in with a camera, snapping pictures whenever he could, and most of his photos were candid ones.

Evening came, and the group went to a open roof restaurant for dinner. They sat eating, while Jin continued to take photos.

"Jin stop it and eat. It's getting annoying."

"Noona, you never know when I can go abroad again. Always live the day like it's your last."

"Yeah Milly, and we should make this day special. It's our last day as friends." Joon spoke softly. Milly looked at him, and turned back to her food. Joon was right. It was their last day as friends...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joon looked in front of him, and sighed lightly. Today is the day, and there's no turning back. After a few minutes, it was finally time...

Goodbye, Milly Hwang...

"You may kiss your wife." Joon leaned forward and kissed the person who now belonged only to him.

Hello, Milly Kim...