Chapter 9

"Jin! Did you order these sneakers? With my card?!?"

Jin quickly ran out of the head office room, and hid in the first room he came across.

"Jin, what did you do this time?" he froze as he realised it was the secretary's office.

"Hyung, please save me! I don't want to be grounded at this age, let alone by my own brother. I have a reputation of being a good student, and I want to keep it."

The door opened, and in came Joon, looking like he was ready to kill. Jin hid behind the secretary, but Youngho knew it was best to stay out of this, so deliberately pushed him forward.

"Yah Kim Jin! Why The Hell Would You Buy Those Sneakers! You're so busted! Now get out and go to school before I change my mind and ground you now instead! And don't even think about running away!"

Jin quickly ran past him, thankful that he still let him go.

"Hyung, I love you!"

He hugged Joon on the way out, and ran away. Joon simply rolled his eyes while Youngho snickered.

"You just can't stay mad at him, can you 'President'."

"I'll fire you if you call me that again. Like I said, when it's just us, cut the formalities." with that, Joon returned to his office.

Youngho laughed to himself as his friend went out. He always wonders how Joon is able act normal when he's probably broken inside, after all that had happened within the last ten years.

Flashback - Graduation party

"Sorry Noori, I already have a partner." He walked away from Noori and held Milly's hand. She jerked for a moment, but was relieved it was only Joon. Just as they were about to dance to the pop song, the music changed into a more slow one. And the two looked at each other in the eye, when Youngho came back to their table and watched them in secret. 

'Hehehe...'

Joon held Milly's elbows and started moving, trying to dance. Milly chuckled, and placed her hands on his shoulders, and moved him with her. The two exchanged an awkward laughter at first, but Milly suddenly realised their situation, and looked down shyly. Joon kept calm as they danced, when Milly suddenly stopped. She looked up to face him, and stared directly into his eyes.

"Joon, you will never leave me right? You promised me that day."

"Of course."

"Will you always help me, and be on my side?" Joon was flustered by her questions, but answered calmly.

"Yes."

Milly looked down and let go of Joon's shoulders. Joon saw she suddenly had tears in her eyes as she looked back up. He was about to reach for her face to wipe them, when Milly suddenly did the unexpected.

She came forward, and pecked his cheek. Joon stood frozen in his spot, while from far, Youngho spat out his drink at the sight, earning a weird look from Noori.

"I'm sorry." with that, she ran out, never to be seen again...

End of Flashback

After that incident, Joon did his best to find Milly, but a year later, he was told by a neighbourhood lady that she had moved overseas. Joon didn't believe it at first, but gave up all hope later. Youngho tried to find her when Joon gave up, but soon stopped when he had to further in his studies. The two became busy and just lived with he fact that she now lives with her father in Spain as a conclusion.