Chapter 21

Hey guys! Early update cuz... Why not.
Also, I have another book out called "Normal? Absurd?". It would be great if you guys could check it out. It's like a psychological, friendship kind of story.
Ps. Anyone else who shipped SeulYong before the MAMA 2017 dance?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milly woke up to find the space next to her empty. She got up from bed and looked around, and saw a small square of light in the dark room, and a figure in front of it.

"Joon... What are you doing?" she asked half asleep, rubbing her eyes. Joon turned from his laptop and smiled at her. He moved back closer to her, kissing her cheek, but then sat next to her, with a serious expression.

"Milly, how long until your due date?"

"Twenty one weeks left, so around five months. Why?" he pet her tummy as she spoke, which was already quite visible now. Unless she wore baggy clothes, it was quite obvious.

"I'm setting up a date for a press conference. For you." she looked at him, mouth agape and wide eyed.

"You, wha... Joon, isn't it too early?" Joon held her hand tightly in his.

"Milly, it's the right time. It's visible now, so we need to reveal everything. You won't be alone, I'll do it with you. And, it's also time you expose the other thing." she looked down at the bed sheets, tears now forming in her eyes.

"Joon... Why now? Wha... Why are you making me do this now!?!" she suddenly shouted, and pushed him away, hitting his chest.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO EXPOSE YOUR FAMILY, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU HATE THEM!?! SHE'S STILL MY MOTHER! AND WHAT ABOUT KANG CHEOL!?! IF I REVEAL HOW MUCH HE USED ME, I CAN'T EVEN THINK OF SHOWING MY FACE TO PUBLIC EVER AGAIN!" Joon held her hands to stop her from hitting him, but Milly was still fussing.

"MILLY KIM! Stop this! I'm doing this for your sake, and the baby! I..."

"Baby? So it's for the baby! I knew it! If I was still normal, you wouldn't have done this! You only care to show off that you're a father soon, and the company is going to continue! You..." Joon had had enough, and he wanted to do something to stop her. But he never expected himself to ever slap Milly in his life. He pulled her back up, holding her shoulders, looking straight into her eyes, pressing his forehead against hers.

"Never. Say. That. The company means nothing to me compared to you. I'm doing this completely for you. Even if you weren't pregnant now, I would've done it anyways. I just want you to be free from this s***." he released his grip off her shoulders, and Milly just looked at him blankly. He moved back and sat at the edge of the bed, looking away from her.

"I thought... Out of all people... You wouldn't bring up my public image during our own conversation. I thought you would understand how hard it is for me, to live two lives. Why Milly? Why do you have to do this?" Milly heard him sob in the darkness, and felt her heart break. She never intended to do or say all that, but her mood swing kicked in. She felt terrible for doing this to him. Milly moved closer and hugged Joon from behind, weeping into his back.

"J... Joon... I... I'm sorry. I d... don't know what came over me. I'm so sorry. I love you, and I never meant to say any of that. Please... Look at me..." she pulled away and tried to make him face her, but Joon's face was in his hands as he let go of more tears. Milly pulled his face up, cupping it in both hands, and kissed his tears. She has never felt so terrible and guilty in her life, and just wanted to die. Joon moved his hands up to his face, holding hers. He pulled them down, then leaned in to kiss her. He pulled away quickly, their foreheads pressed together.

"Don't... Don't ever think I'm doing something about you for the company or my image. You mean a million times more to me than all that." he whispered while still weeping. Milly nodded and pulled him in for a hug, holding his head against her chest, running her fingers through his hair. As he calmed down, Joon traced his finger on her arm, then held it to make her let go. He faced her, and Milly saw how bad he looked. She never knew something like that would hit him so emotionally that he would become such a mess. She wiped away any tear streaks left on his face, and brushed his hair back down with her fingers. She touched his cheek, and realised how hot it was.

"Yo... You're coming up with a fever." she quickly felt his forehead, and she was right. Looking at the clock, it was almost time for breakfast, and Jin had a test today in school.

"Come have breakfast, but stay at home. You're too sick to go for work. I'll... I'll tell Youngho to cancel anything you have." she got up and went to wash up, while Joon wiped his face and decided to listen to her this time.

"Come Jin. I'll drop you off at school." Milly motioned the boy over.

"Where's hyung?" he asked as he tied his shoe laces.

"He's sick, so he's staying in bed. Let's go, you'll be late." and they hurried off to Jin's school, with Milly wearing mask and sunglasses to hide her face.

"But noona I can go alone you know. I have my..."

"You're banned from using that hover board for a month. Punishment for abusing it last week, remember?" Jin groaned, upset she actually remembered Joon's orders when he used his hover board to show off tricks to girls at the park. He wasn't trying to get a girlfriend, but it was just for fun, and even if Joon knew that, he still banned him. Jin sulked as he made his way to Milly's car, going off to school. He kept whining on the way.

"Noona, please let me go this once. I didn't have bad intentions. It was just for fun."

"I know, but you do understand that you would have been seriously injured. I know you're good at hover board games, but you shouldn't do them so carelessly. If you get hurt, how do you think Joon would feel?" Jin knew she was right, but hated her lecturing him. But he liked it at the same time. He never had a woman do that before, and it's something he missed out at a young age.

"Noona I hate you." he pouted and looked away. Milly smiled at him.

"I love you too my little baby brother." she said ruffling his hair, using the trick Joon taught her for when Jin was like that, causing the younger to sulk more.
................................................................................................................................................................

Not knowing when or how he fell asleep, Joon woke to the sound of the door opening. He looked at the clock, and it was past twelve in the afternoon. He quickly got up, but suddenly fell back. He felt so bad that he couldn't move, and Milly gasped at his actions as she entered the room. She went over to him, and felt his temperature again.

"Ah! You're burning! Stay here, I'll give you something to eat, then take medicine." Milly quickly whipped up some porridge and helped Joon eat it, then giving him medicine. She stuck a fever patch on his head and laid down next to him, hugging him tight, stroking his hair to fall asleep. Joon held on to her other hand, eyes slowly closing as he felt weak and tired.

"Joon... I'll do it." his eyes shot open at her words.

"I'll do the press conference. You were right, it's time." he looked up at her, and saw she wasn't joking around. She was serious about her decision, and he hugged her, happy about it. His phone suddenly rang, and Milly picked it up, seeing a call from Youngho.

"Hello."

"Milly, is that you? Good. I have a surprise for you and Joon. Can I come up? There's someone with me."

Milly hummed in response and told Joon what happened. Curious, both left the bedroom and sat in the living room waiting for their special guest. Joon leaned down on Milly as they waited, and the bell soon rang. Milly went to open the door, and Youngho walked in, with someone else behind him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------