Chapter 13

While changing, she hears her mother call her. She takes her phone and goes down to see what she had to say, only to learn a valuable life lesson:

Perfect days always have terrible endings...

"Milly, it was your tía, your father passed away in an accident." she said it so coolly that Milly almost thought she was lying. But when she called her aunt in Spain, it was true. Milly cried her eyes out that night. The next day, her mother came in.

"I'm signing you up with this modelling agency. There's nothing you can do about it." Milly was shocked at her mother and tried to fight back, but ended up getting threatened and beaten up. If she didn't do as she was told, she couldn't go for her father's funeral, and would be sent to live in a different country.

"You must listen to me, or I'll send you to an orphanage in America."

When she was signing the contract, Milly realised that there was a term that was going to destroy her life. She had to do whatever the CEO asks her to do, and cannot go against his will. This included being in a relationship with him if he wanted to, and Milly felt like she sold her life. What she hated the most was that the CEO was the famous, respected actor Kang Cheol.

After graduation, Milly became a slave to her mother and CEO Kang, and started her modelling career first in Spain. Her mother took most of her earnings to live a 'good' life, and would beat her when drunk, or when she was angry for some reason.

"I've had no control over my own life for 11 years. I couldn't talk to you guys about it either because I was scared that Kang might do something to you."

Joon and Youngho sat there, speechless as she finished telling them her true story. They couldn't even think properly now, having to process so much information in their head.

"I'm sorry you guys. I wanted to tell you before, but Kang is dangerous, so if you ever helped me back then, I would've lost you... I can't lose the only people I can trust after my father passed away." Milly broke into tears as Jin passed her some tissues. Joon looked down, fumbling his hands while Youngho stared into space.

"Remember when you kept texting me after graduation? I always wrote the answer but I never sent it, because my phone was being rigged by Kang and omma, to make sure I didn't plan on escaping them."

Joon - Milly, whats up. wanna hang out

Joon - answer me

Joon - are you ok?

(draft) im not ok

Youngho - where r u? lets go out :)

Joon - Milly Hwang, answer me! whats happening? are you ok?

(draft) im not ok

Youngho - Milly?

Joon - MILLY HWANG!?!

Milly showed them the texts that she had saved for ten years.

Joon stood up and headed towards her. He sat on the table in front of her and held her hands in his. "Milly, tell me what I can do. I will do anything and everything to get you out of this mess." Milly looked at him, teary eyed, while he waited for an answer.

"I don't know yet Joon. I... I don't even know how I can be saved from what I got myself into..."

"Milly, you have us. Joon and I missed you, and we won't let some bastard and his stupid contract ruin our best friends life. We lost you once, we won't lose you again Milly." Youngho stood up, clearly pissed at everything he heard. He couldn't believe that an actor he once respected has ruined his friend's life.

Jin stood there silently, not knowing what to say. He was a big fan of 'Hwang Mina', but now he can't even think of looking at her. To him right now, 'Hwang Mina' has ruined Milly noona's life, and he can't come to like her anymore.

"Noona... So everything I've read about you, like, in the news, was false?"

"Ye... Yes Jin. Kang Cheol made those fake news for fun, to get more attention to himself. Sometimes, I wouldn't even know what he released, and people would ask me questions I've never been able to answer."

All the news about 'Hwang Mina' went through Jin's head. Her scandal with a photographer, her mother's illness, how her father abandoned her, how she was always thankful to CEO Kang for 'saving' her life...

They were all fake, just like the model herself.

The elder three headed for lunch while Jin went back home to study. They entered the private dining room and continued to talk, this time, the boys telling Milly what happened to them in the past ten years.

"I know about uncle passing away. It was in the news. At that point, I thought I should've just died. I couldn't even console you Joon, even when I was there. I was so close, yet so far..." the boys looked at her, confused at what she said.

"I was in Korea at that time, but not many knew me. I went to uncle's funeral, and I saw you guys. I wanted to run to you and hold you, but I had to hide myself because that was the condition I had made with Kang when I asked him to let me go. I felt like dying when I saw you."

Joon and Youngho were shocked to hear what she had said. If only they were the ones greeting the guests instead of Jin that day, they could've recognised her and helped her then. Just as they began talking again, someone entered the room.

"Oppa~... Oh, hello... Didn't know you were here." Joon put his head on his hand, sighing secretly, while Milly looked at her weirdly, trying not to laugh at Joon's reaction. Youngho sat back in his chair, waiting for the drama to start...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------