Chapter 7

One week left and then it was the end. Sophomore students couldn't have felt anymore relieved. One week and they're finally considered adults, with access to jobs, credit cards(if they didn't have one yet), and driver's licences.

Joon and Youngho were at a clothing shop. Not like they wanted to be there. Both mothers' practically dragged them out of the houses just to buy them tuxedos.

"Omma, I told you we don't need them, we wear our school uniforms during graduation, remember?" Youngho whined, still rubbing his eyes indicating his lack of sleep.

"Kids, they're for the after party. We're not letting you guys go there in leather jackets and jeans." Joon's stepmother fired back at the two sleepy, soulless boys.

Playing games all night until 8am was a terrible idea, especially knowing the next day's plans.

After finally finding proper suits for the two, the mothers decide to hangout more. The moment they stepped out of the shop, the kids ran away, leaving the mothers only sighing.

Joon and Youngho only laughed and went into an arcade. They played laser tag and car race, but soon realised how boring it was. They decided to get Milly and do something together since she was always the life of the party. Joon tries to call Milly, and puts the phone on speaker for Youngho to hear.

"Hello?"

"Joon, what is it?"

"MILLY! IT'S BORING WITHOUT YOU! COME TO THE MALL, LET'S HANGOUT!" Youngho screamed, earning the duo glances from other people. Joon quickly shut Youngho's mouth with his hand.

"Yea, so, you heard him. Come over, please..."

"Where are you guys?"

"At the mall? He just said it."

"I meant where at the mall? I'm already here since I had some errands to run."

By now, Youngho finally struggled out of Joon's hold and took in a big gasp of air, and suddenly starts shouting again.

"MILLY! OVER HERE!"

Milly turned to see the boys infront of a coffee shop they usually go to, and ran over to them. She was carrying a bag, other than her purse, filled with papers.

"What's that?" Youngho pointed at the bag.

"Just some papers. Come on, let's go have fun."

The three walk around the mall, then went out to hang around other places outside. They ate street snacks, went to another arcade, had lunch, and finally decided to go watch a movie.

"Let's watch this one." Joon pointed at a movie that seemed like a thriller mystery.

"Yea I heard it's good. And there's that actor, Kang Cheol or something..." before Youngho could finish talking, Milly interrupted.

"No, I don't want to watch it. Can we watch something else, like maybe this one?"

Joon and Youngho were surprised at Milly's response. She usually loved mystery and thriller, but wants to watch a horror instead. Joon especially knew she wouldn't be able to sleep at night. Regardless, they watched the horror movie and decided to call it a day.

That night, at two in the morning, Joon received a call. He looked at the phone, eyes only half open, and answered the call half awake.

"Milly... What..." he dragged his words.

Joon suddenly shot up at the sniffles he heard.

"I'm coming now. Are you at the tree bench? OK. I'm on my way!"

Joon grabbed a jacket and ran as fast as he could to where he last went after hearing his about his father's cancer.

Upon reaching there, Joon looks around for the familiar silhouette, and runs to it the moment he sees it through his peripheral vision.

Joon quickly sits down and hugs the crouched figure tight.

"Shh... It's OK, I'm here."

Milly stopped shivering in the cold as Joon's warmth engulfed her. She was so scared that she forgot she was in nothing but a T-shirt and sweat pants when she ran out.

"Why did you insist in watching that scary movie? We could've just watched the mystery one. Or we could've done something else instead of watching a movie." Joon patted her head while she leaned her body on his chest.

"I didn't want to watch it, and you guys wanted to watch a movie, so I didn't want to let you down."

Joon felt bad that Milly forced herself to watch the movie for them, but he didn't understand why she refused to watch the mystery movie.

Milly finally looked up at Joon to say something, and he noticed how her face had stains of dried tears and was pale in the cold winter weather. She had almost no heat in her body.

"Joon, I don't want to go back home today. I'm too scared. Can I come over to your house? Please..." before she could finish her sentence, Milly's head dropped on to Joon's chest, and he knew that he had no choice but to take her with him. Milly can't take too much pressure, and that plus the extreme temperatures caused her to faint.

Joon was carrying Milly on his back with his jacket over her body. He kept thinking what to tell everyone about why she was with him, or wether he should send her home since she's asleep anyways. But Joon knew better than to do that.

In the end, he did something that he never thought would happen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter, and why it took longer than usual for me to update. I'm writing in my phone now cuz my laptop is not in good condition. So i write in phone then edit in laptop or something else cuz my phone doesnt hv some options.

Anyways, hope you guys like and share and follow.