Chapter 8

"Joon wake u... WHAT THE HELL!?!"

Joon woke to the sound of his step mother's sream, and suddenly recalled what happened last night.

Flashback

Joon carried Milly back to his house and laid her on his bed. He covered her with the blanket, and went to the couch in the room to sleep. He already had an extra blanket and pillow, so laid back and started to drift into sleep.

Just as he was about to fall asleep, he heard soft whimpers, and got up to see Milly's face wet with tears. She was crying, half asleep, and sat up hugging her knees.

Joon got up and went to her, hugging her from the side. Milly fell back and Joon laid her down, still holding her. The two laid back, Milly's head on Joon's arm while he brushed his fingers through her hair to help her relax, and she slowly fell asleep.

"Papa..." he jerked a little at hearing her sudden whisper, then moved closer to hear what she was trying to say.

"Papa... Please... Joon... Not you too... Don't leave me... Please..." Tears started falling again.

Joon hugged her tighter and calmed her down.

"Shh... I'm here Milly. I will never leave you. I promise. It's OK."

Milly slowly stops, and calmed down as Joon wiped her tears. She grabs his hand that was near her face and holds it tightly, while using her other arm to hug Joon. Joon was slightly shocked by her actions, but remained like that.

Joon couldn't help but think that there was something more to why Milly called him. She definitely wasn't scared only because of the movie. There was something else going on, and it was something more depressing.

End of flashback...

What Joon didn't realise was that he was still holding Milly close while falling asleep, and his stepmother had seen it.

"Omma! What... Oh. Ah! Let me explain! I... AH! Omma!"

His stepmother grabbed his ear before he could speak, then grabbed Milly's arm, pulling her out of bed, and dragging the both of them out of the room.

Soon, the two of them were on their knees, with a disappointed mother in front of them.

"Alright. Please do explain before I start to assume things."

Joon explained what had happened, and ended with saying that "nothing" bad went on, earning a little chuckle from both females.

"Alright, but with Milly being here, shouldn't your mother be worried by now?" Milly thought for a second, and took out her phone. It was already 9 in the morning and her mother hasn't even sent her a text let alone a missed call.

"I don't think she knows. I'll just send her a text now." Joon understood what she meant. It's not that her mother didn't know, she just didn't care. But, if the chances are bad, Milly would surely get a beating tonight when going home from her drunk mother. Joon wondered how to save her now that her father wasn't here to protect her.

Milly had breakfast with the family that morning, and later, she and Joon went out to hang out. Of course Youngho came to join them, completely unaware of what happened.

"Hey so we're all going for the after party right?" Youngho was excited as a five year old.

Both Milly and Joon nodded, and the trio went to spend their last few days as high school students together, completely oblivious of what's going on around them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------