Chapter 22

"Hello. Milly, remember me? It's Minchae." Milly stood shocked at who appeared behind Youngho. Joon looked over from the couch, but was confused, and surprised when Milly burst into tears and hugged the lady, who hugged her back, crying. Youngho stood in the corner smirking, and Joon signaled him to come over.

"Who is this?" he whispered when Youngho sat next to him as Milly pulled the lady to sit with her at the table.

"Milly's cousin." Joon was confused. The lady looked fully Korean, so it must be from her mother's side. But as far as he knew, Milly wasn't in contact with any of them since young after her mother left her family's house. Joon looked at Youngho for further explanation.

"She's Minji emo's older brother's daughter. Milly and Minchae were born a month apart and Minchae was sent to the same school as us so that she could see Milly and tell the family about her growing up..." Joon nodded as he listened to the story, then asked how he found Minchae.

"That... uh... It's funny actually. Minchae was a representative for one of our shareholders during a meeting we had, a month after Milly joined us. And, I guess we... clicked?" Youngho looked down shyly as Joon kept ooh-ing at his friend, playfully hitting his arm.

"Then what?" he asked like an excited puppy.

"Well... We've been dating since, and last month when she came over to go out with me, she suddenly fell on the floor. When I held her up and looked where she was looking at, it was Milly's new poster in the lobby. She started to cry and kinda fainted, so I brought her to my apartment. She told me that she had been seeing Milly's posters but never believed it was her. But, you changed the concept for ours, and they matched Milly's personality more."

One month ago...

"Minchae!" Youngho held her just before she collapsed to the floor, tears forming in her eyes. He looked to where she was looking, and saw Milly's promotional poster for their company.

 He looked to where she was looking, and saw Milly's promotional poster for their company

Confused, he carried Minchae in his arms and took her to his apartment. He gave her water, and soothed her so she would calm down from crying. After a while, Minchae laid down with her head on his knees while Youngho sat up combing her hair with his fingers, and she told him everything about her life, and her past.

"I was always happy to see you guys take care of my sister so well, and hoped to meet you one day. I never knew this was how we would end up. I recognised you at first, but didn't think much of it since I thought she was still missing back then..." Youngho listened to her calmly as she narrated the story. Once she finished, he felt her fall asleep, but shoot up when she realised it. She looked at Youngho, embarrassed.

"Sorry... I... should get going..." she was about to stand up, but stumbled as she tried to walk. Youngho caught hold of her hand, and pulled her back down to sit. She looked at him, and squealed when he suddenly carried her up and laid her down on the guest bed.