Chapter 3

Milly stood in the middle of a crowd, waiting for her father to finish his check-in. She kept thinking of all the memories she had with him, trying to hold back her tears.

"Cariño, what's wrong?"

"Nada papá."

"OK, my flight is soon, so..."

Milly hugged her father and started to release her tears. She didn't want to hold back anymore. Her father hugged her back, and kissed his daughter's head. As soon as they broke the hug, Milly realised someone else was there.

"Uh, hello. Am I interrupting?" Milly couldn't hide the shock on her face.

"Oh no Joon, you're just in time. I need to leave now." he turned to face Joon, and held both his shoulders. "Take good care of her for me. She needs someone to be there for her." he whispered the last part as if he knew something was wrong.

"Don't worry Sir. She'll be fine."

"But papá, why did you call him here?"

"To escort you home. I don't want you to walk back all the way from here to our house, it's too risky." Milly suddenly felt even worse. She will be missing her father's concern for her. After a few more hugs and final goodbyes, Joon takes Milly and they head home.

"We'll take the train since it's too much to walk."

"OK, whatever." Milly didn't sound too good, and Joon felt bad for her.

"Milly, are you OK?"

"I'm OK."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been two months since Milly's father left and, although they talked every single day, she couldn't help but feel sick by missing him so much. But she was still able to be her normal self since she knew that would make both her father and her feel happy.

Milly was walking to school when she felt an arm sling around her neck from behind. At first she got a little shock, but she instantly knew who it was.

"Joon, do you have to scare me like this?"

"I scared you? Are you on earth Milly? I was calling you for the past few minutes..."

Milly suddenly realised that she was in front of the school gates. Last time she checked, she was in front of the coffee shop ten minutes away. She had been too deep in thought to have noticed how far she came.

"Sorry, I was lost in thought."

"It's fine, just don't do that again, you nearly bumped into that car earlier. By the way, come with me after school, I have something to show you."

Milly thought it was weird because usually, it's her who has something to show Joon.

Soon school ended, and Joon quickly took Milly by the hand and ran off to the bus stop. They only use the bus when going into the city, so Milly was quite shocked at Joon's actions.

"Joon, where are we going? Why the bus?"

"You'll see." he smirked as he answered.

After a long ride, Joon pull Milly down from and bus and she follows him to a huge entrance decorated with ribbons and balloons. Milly tried read the huge sign above her head, but Joon kept pulling her with him to wherever they go.

Finally, Joon stops in front of a tent.

"OK Milly. close your eyes." Milly did as she was told as she couldn't be bothered by his request since it was something common between them. She felt she was being pushed to walk somewhere, and fought the urge to take a peek.

"Now, open!" it was as if time stopped. Milly froze in her place as the only thing in front of her were puppies.

"AHHHHHHHH!" All the puppies froze at Milly's scream.

"PUPPIEEESSS!!!" Milly ran towards them and started to collect them together, holding almost ten at once.

"HAHAHAHA!!" Joon laughed at Milly and started singing Happy Birthday for her.

"OMG! Joon thank you soooooo much." Milly finally forgot all her sorrows for the time she was with the puppies, and Joon couldn't be any happier that his plan was a success. Seeing Milly feel down since her father left made Joon realy upset. He missed his old Milly and tried anything and everything to make her happy.

They spent all day playing with the puppies, and Milly was the happiest in the dog fair. She always wanted to raise a puppy, but her mother strictly forbid her from bringing any dogs into their house. Milly found a small black puppy she really liked and asked trainer to take a picture for them.

 Milly found a small black puppy she really liked and asked trainer to take a picture for them

"Yes! Our family picture is perfect!" Milly exclaimed, leaving Joon confused.

"Whaat? Family picture?"

"Yes dummy. See, this is the child, your the dad, and I'm his mom." Milly points first at the puppy, then Joon and finally herself in the polaroid.

Joon felt a bit flustered at Milly's comment and felt himself blushing a little, but he brushed it aside and continued to have fun wit the puppies.

After hours of puppy fun, the two finally decide to go home since the last bus was coming. They sat on the bus and Milly dropped her hand on Joon's shoulder.

"I'm so tired. Thanks alot Joon. You really made me feel better." Joon felt really happy, and just noticed that Milly was going to fall asleep.

"Are you OK?"

"I'm OK."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

So I'm having a ship war in the house with someone, and would like you guys to help me out.

SeulYong (SeulgixTaeyong)-My ship

Jennie(BlackPink) and Taeyong-Rival's ship

Comment on which you guys support.