Chapter 12

"What will you do?"

The two turn to see someone enter the elevator, and Joon lost all hope of a normal day.

"Oppa~ Who's this?~" Noori looks at Milly with a weird look on her face, while Milly cringed very hard at how the girl seemed to pull her words, trying to make it sound cute.

Joon moved closer to Milly to keep a distance from the girl.

"Uh... Noori this is Hwang Mina, the company's new brand ambassador. Mina-shi, this is Bae Noori." Joon introduced them formally.

"Brand ambassador? You mean like the model for the company? I told you I wanted to be the face of the company, but you said we didn't need one." Noori pouted at Joon while looking at Milly enviously.

"Well... You see... That was because...we...um..." Joon didn't know what to say, and looked at Milly with pleading eyes.

"I was the one who approached President Kim, and my CEO convinced him. I just like the products of this company, so I wanted to help out. Not to be rude, but I'm quite famous in Europe."

Noori stood there, burning with jealousy as she noticed how Milly put a smile on Joon's face as she talked, something she herself was never able to do. She left as the elevator stopped, stomping away in anger, while the two just chuckled quietly.

"Thanks for that. So when will you be moving in?"

"Maybe next week. But I have to talk with Kang first, and I need Youngho's help. Can he come tomorrow?" Milly opens the door of her car and enters as Joon holds the door.

"Sure, I can send him." Joon leaned closer to Milly. "Don't worry." he whispered. "I'll do anything to help you." he pulls back and closes the door, smirking. Milly's face turned a tint of pink as she fans it, then quickly starts the car to drive away. The two wave at each other as her car leaves the basement floor of the building.

Joon walks back to his office, trying really hard to hide the happiness he felt. But he knew everyone noticed how he smiled more than usual. Why wouldn't he? His life just changed, and a new drama was just beginning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here noona. This is the passcode for now, but you can change it later if you want." Jin handed Milly a piece of paper and then left for school.

Milly stood in the middle of the apartment, looking around to see the place clearer. She wondered why Jinae refused to stay here. It was nice and big, even for two people.

She sat on the bed, and started unpacking her bag. She had a photo shoot later in the day, so wanted to rest up before going down.

"Tired?" She flinched at the sudden voice heard. Joon stood at the door, and Milly realised that she forgot to close it.

"Can you not walk in like that? You startled me."

"Sorry. You shouldn't leave the door open though. It's not safe, even if you live here." Joon stood around while Milly took out a few things. She didn't realise what she packed when she threw things in her luggage, wanting to get out of the house quickly, away from her mother.

While pulling out a shirt, a huge book suddenly popped out, and it looked like an album.

"What's that Milly?" Milly turns to see what he was pointing to.

"Oh, I didn't know I brought this. It's childhood photos. I must've thrown it in with my other things."

Milly picked up the album and motioned Joon to sit next to her. She opened the first page and revealed a photo of her and Joon in kindergarten, ice cream dripping all over their faces.

"Haha, what the heck is this? I don't remember it happening."

There were more pictures, many of the two of them that her father had taken.

"Wow, I didn't know you still kept all these. I really miss those times."

"Me too. I wish I could live in my childhood again."

As they went through more photos, there was one that caused Milly to chuckle, and Joon found out which one.

"We were five here, right? I can't believe we kissed for a stupid carousel ride. Papa was such a tease." she continued to laugh quietly while looking through more photos, while Joon only stared at her face. He remembered how her father took them to a funfair, and they had to kiss to ride the carousel. Somthing hit Joon then.

"But... Milly, did you have your first kiss yet?" Milly was flustered at his question, but calmly answered.

"No. I never dated ever since I started modelling since it might cause scandals. But why do you as..."

As Milly turned to him to ask, Joon suddenly pulled her head towards his, and kissed her. Not a peck on the cheek like they both did ten years ago. He kissed her lips. He felt Milly freeze, but her lips were still warm, and she melted at his touch. He held her shoulders, and soon slipped one hand cupping her face. Milly dropped the album from her lap, and held his hands where they were.

After a few seconds, he pulled away. Milly looked at him, shock written all over her face. Joon felt slightly embarrassed, and got up to the door between the two apartments.

"I'll let you, uh... You should unpack, and get things done. I'll just go." He turned and walked into his apartment, but something held him back.

Milly was hugging him from behind, and he could feel his back becoming wet. Joon turned to see Milly's face completely wet with tears, and was shocked when she suddenly pulled the collar of his shirt down, and pecked his lips. She hugged him tight, not wanting to let go.

"Milly, are you OK?" Joon asked flustered while hugging her back. She couldn't stop crying, and Joon worried if he had done something wrong.

"Joon... I'm... not...OK... I'm not OK. I was never OK." Milly continued to sob.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------