#13. Part 2: Say Something

Chapter #13; Part 2 : Say Something

~Say something, I'm giving up on you

I'll be the one, if you want me to

Anywhere I would've followed you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I am feeling so small

It was over my head

I know nothing at all

And I will stumble and fall

I'm still learning to love

Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you

I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

And I will swallow my pride

Your the one that I love

And I'm saying goodbye

Say something...~

PERCY POV

Capture the Flag. One of my most favourite camp games of all time. Maybe this would lighten my mood and get my mind off of things for a while.

But boy was I ever wrong.

After my team hid the flag, they told me that we should switch it up a bit this game. I agreed without hesitation, not really caring what we were doing as long as I got to do something productive and everyone else was happy. They told me not to go after the flag, which I thought might be a smart idea because I always go after it, so at least our moves will be unexpected. This time I will be scouting for intruders around the forest and luring them away from our flag. Sounds pretty cool to me, so I shrugged and decided to give it a go. Hey, I'm my own distraction, it seems.

After about five minutes of no action, I got a bit disappointed and wandered off to my right. Capture the Flag was never really boring before, but when you're not moving at all and no one is trying to stab you and run you through, the adrenaline just doesn't show up. I pouted and began trekking my way through the thick trees wherever my feet led me. Of course, it led me to a river. Well, more like a stream. The water looked perfect and immediately brightened my spirits. But just as I was about to step out of the bushes, a figure appeared and I was no longer alone. Finally, someone I can challenge.

I was about ready to pull Riptide out of my pocket and uncap, but then the figure turned around, allowing me to see who it was. Oh... My gods. I didn't recognise him at all! I had to hold in my surprised gasp. My eyes almost popped out of my skull as he kicked a rock and sighed. My heart pounded in my chest, yet I don't know why. I guess I'm shocked and angry and frustrated and paralysed and... Nervous? I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts as I observed him. No, I'm not a stalker. I'm just gazing from a distance. I mean watching. Watching from a distance. Heh. Doesn't help.

It was none other than Nico, the guy I have frustrating feelings for. Am I his friend? Am I angry at him? Am I hurt by him? Is he really a nice guy? Is he worth it? Do I believe what Annabeth said? Is there something I'm desperately missing?

Nico began shifting around, pulling at his shirt and growling in frustration. He seemed uncomfortable. And that's when I noticed his clothes. My eyes bulged again. He was wearing a rich scarlet looking red shirt that seemed almost velvet-ish, fitting around his torso and biceps quite satisfyingly- ahem -and the neck was cut low in a V neck, showing a bit of his chest (even though he had armour on). The colour made his skin glow white, his eyes seemed milkier (even from this distance), and his hair seemed almost black. He also wore skinny jeans as black as night that were actually in one piece instead of shredded, clinging to his thighs and calfs, also tight on his bum. I couldn't help butt notice- I mean but... Ahem -that he actually had a bum and those jeans...