#16. My Only Exception

Got some good plot in this ;D It's gonna really set the next chapters in motion! (Even if you might not realise it yet)
Hope you enjoy :)

Chapter #16 : My Only Exception

~I'd never sing of love if it does not exist
But darling...
You are the only exception
Well maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul
That love never lasts
And we've got to find other ways to make it alone
Or keep a straight face
And I've always lived like this keeping a comfortable
Distance
And up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness
Because none of it was ever worth the risk
Well...
You are the only exception
I've got a tight grip on reality
But I can't let go of what's part of me here
I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream
You are the only exception
And I'm on my way to believing
Oh and I'm on my way to believing~

NICO POV

Aw, man... I think this is the most comfortable I've ever been (so yeah, maybe my first time actually ever being comfortable). I groaned and snuggled deeper into what I assumed to be my fluffy pillow and dark silk comforters. This is probably one of the only few things that really brings me joy in December: The cold winter air outside, while you're inside a warm wood cabin feeling cosy under a strangely warm blanket and quilt with a small hearth burning black Greek death fire in the far right corner (again, this would be another first, but I'm liking it much better than some strange dark cave in the Underworld). I sighed contentedly and clung to my pillow a bit tighter, then I froze.

Holy shit, I think my pillow just snored. Actually, let me rephrase that: Holy shit, my pillow just snored rather loudly. I squeezed my eyes shut and frowned, wondering if it was just my imagination. It could have even been me snoring for all I know. But then I felt my arm, which was draped tightly over my so-called pillow, rise up and down in a steady rhythm. What in the name of Hades is going on? I heard a small groan and my bed shifted, almost squirmed, underneath me. Holy Hera, I think my bed might be possessed again. I thought that would stop once I spoke with the trickery spirits in the Underworld last month! I tensed up, but stayed stock still, pretending as if I were still asleep.

When I thought it was all over, I relaxed back into the warmth, only to have something brush across my forehead and the small hairs likely sticking up from my head in sleep. I sprung up from where I was with a small yelp (I'll have you know it was pretty manly- you know what? Just never mention this again or I'll have you rot in the depths of my father's realm, understood?) and shuffled away from whatever touched me, only to fall off the end of my bed, sprawled out on my floor with a mess of silky sheets and dark quilts.

"Ouff!" I groaned as I landed with a thud, trying to rub the lump that was likely to appear on my head, but restrained by the tangled mess of sheets.

As I tried to desperately untangle myself from the stupid mess, I heard a deep raspy chuckle come from where I was previously laying on my bed. My head snapped up and I swear I stopped breathing.

"'Morning, Ghost King." Percy mumbled in amusement from his position on my bed with a tired smirk on his face.

If I was going to faint by the sound of his sexy (yes, I admit it!) morning voice, then I guess I should start my journey down to the Underworld, because the view was even greater. His black hair stood up on his head in a spiky mess, hairs pointing in every direction, his eyes were clouded over in sleep, making it look like a creamy green sea-foam colour, and his lazy smirk played on his lips in amusement as I realised I was still laying on the floor, staring at him with my mouth agape. I snapped my jaw shut and scrambled to my feet, glaring at the attractive son of the sea god as I probably looked disheveled and super unappealing. Then I felt my cheeks flame up as I realised the situation I was in.