#28. Break Me Down

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO PATIENT AND SUPPORTIVE OF MY DELETED CHAPTER, IT MEANS THE WORLD <3 I LOVE YOU GUYS WITH ALL MY HEART, TOO!

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, ENJOY CHAPTER #28 :)

(Dedication to @Dreamatic for the song suggestion! It's perfect!)

<3

Chapter #28 : Break Me Down

~Hey there it's good to see you again,

It never felt right calling this "just friends".

I'm happy, if you're happy, with yourself.

Take off your shirt, your shoes,

those skinny jeans I bought for you.

We're diving in, there's nothing left to lose.

I'm gonna break down these walls, I built around myself.

I wanna fall so in love, with you, and no one else,

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.

Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,

Let the walls break down.

I used to wear you like a ball and chain,

I'd run and hide at the call of my name.

It was obvious you were too much for me.

In retrospect, I wouldn't do it again.

I'm not the same boy you knew back then...

'Cause I can break down these walls, I built around myself.

I wanna fall so in love, with you, and no one else,

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.

Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,

Let the walls break

I can't breathe, my body's shaking

'Cause you break me down,

You know you break me down...

Let the walls break down.~

PERCY POV

Falling into darkness was something I've experienced many times before. Trust me when I say that. But this... This felt (or more or less didn't feel) different. It was like my body was battling itself. A sharp tugging sensation was pulling at my stomach and everything was numb, yet agonisingly painful. The darkness around me was almost tangible, trying to swallow me up. Although, I also felt a pinch of relief when seeing the darkness. Knowing that I'd be able to sleep soon. To dream. To forget. But I also wanted to scream and fight to get back to the light, to escape the dreaded black ink around me.

That just wasn't possible.

I couldn't believe this was my fate. This was how I died. Out of the many insane adventures and life-threatening situations, I was brought down by a hideously retarded reptilian spirit. What a díck. But risking my own life was still worth saving any endangered demigods and Mrs. O'Leary. I didn't regret it one bit. I just hoped that my beautiful hellhound got away safely. While I'm gone, she'll need someone to look after her. Maybe she could somehow get to Nico-

Nico.

Oh, gods, my little Ghost King. A spark of pain erupted in my chest as I thought about the small brown eyed son of Hades. I broke my promise to him. I told him I would come back to him, but I didn't. He was probably back at camp feeling abandoned and let down. Empty and alone... Because of me. We were finally getting closer and he was just beginning to trust me, and I ruined it. That was gone now, whatever we had. And it hurt me knowing that my death would hurt him. Because I left him, alone... And that was just unacceptable.