#34. Chasing You

Enjoy the Percico from this point on ;)

Chapter #34 : Chasing You

~I feel it everyday it's all the same
It brings me down but I'm the one to blame
I've tried everything to get away
So here I go again
Chasing you down again
Why do I do this?
Over and over, over and over
I fall for you
Over and over, over and over
I try not to
Over and over, over and over
You make me fall for you
Over and over, over and over
You don't even try
So many thoughts that I can't get out of my head
I try to live without you, every time I do I feel dead
I know what's best for me
But I want you instead
I'll keep on wasting all my time
Over and over, over and over
I fall for you
Over and over, over and over
I try not to
Over and over, over and over
You make me fall for you
Over and over, over and over
You don't even try to~

PERCY POV

"Percy!"

I sighed, regretting not going somewhere a little more private than the small hill hidden behind a dozen trees in front of the strawberry fields. I just knew I would be interrupted, even though it was nearing curfew and I was well hidden. It was bound to happen as it always did. I stared up at the sky, watching as the sun slowly sunk further below the horizon of Long Island Sound, relishing the fresh night air and the closest thing to silence I've heard in a while. The smell of pine trees and strawberries invaded my nose yet I found it difficult to focus on that now that a frowning child of Hades waltzed up in front of me, blocking my view; my serenity.

Deep like the sea, that's what Percy Jackson was.

I felt slightly guilty that I was disappointed of who stood in front of me. The wrong child of Hades, my mind said. Where was the other kid, my brain asked. I wish he were here, my heart sang. I need to hold him, my hands ached. I want some pancakes, my stomach screamed like a bitchy whale on its period.

"Hey, Hazel," I greeted with a small polite smile. "What's up?"

She pushed her curly hair away from her beautiful dark coffee skin and pursed her lips. "I went to the Hades cabin for a visit and Nico wasn't there. Then I went to go search for him and saw him sprinting around like a madman..." She put her hand on her hip and sighed, "When I finally got ahold of him after I lost him for a half hour or so, he asked me to find you so you could meet up with him. He seemed anxious. I'm just worried about him. Can you please find out what's wrong with him? Or at least comfort him... somehow?"

I immediately nodded my head, almost frantically. I pushed myself up off of the ground and brushed myself off, briefly glancing down at Hazel and studying her as her yellowish eyes danced with tiring concern for her troubled older brother.

"Of course I will," I breathed out and ran my fingers through my black hair. "Where is he?"

"I think I saw him making his way to the Arena," Hazel sighed. "He had something to tell you, I think. Or, y'know, write you."

Something to tell me? I suddenly became very anxious. My stomach churned and my palms grew clammy. I wiped my hands on my jeans and thanked Hazel with a weak smile, hurrying away from the hill and towards camp. Nico had somehow made me even more concerned for him, if that was possible. All I could think about was why he needed me (even though it sent my heart into a frenzy) and why he was so anxious. Hopefully the brown eyed boy was okay.

As I was shuffling around the camp grounds, I noticed lights were going out in the cabins and the last of the campers were making their ways inside for the night. Curfew was just minutes away. Did that mean Nico wanted us to speak, specifically, alone? I frowned and felt my blood boil with anxiety. My feet seemed to have a mind of their own as they sped me towards the big building we called the Arena. The lights seemed to be on, so I assumed Nico was already waiting for me on the inside. I ran my tan fingers through my tousled hair and bit my lip.