#32. Part 2: Deeper

Long chappie.

Don't forget to comment! It makes me super happy reading them and inspires me to write faster :) You're all incredible, so enjoy! <3 Xx

Chapter #32; Part 2 : Deeper

~What doesn't kill you makes you wish you were dead.
Got a hole in my soul, growing deeper and deeper.
And I can't take one more moment of this silence.
The loneliness is haunting me.
And the weight of the world's getting harder to hold up.
It comes in waves, I close my eyes.
Hold my breath and let it bury me.
I'm not okay, and it's not alright.
Won't you drain the lake and bring me home again?
Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down?
Save me from myself, don't let me drown.
Who will make me fight? Drag me out alive.
Save me from myself, don't let me drown.
What doesn't destroy you, leaves you broken instead.
Got a hole in my soul growing deeper and deeper.
And I can't take one more moment of this silence.
The loneliness is haunting me.
And the weight of the world's getting harder to hold up.
'Cause you know that I can't do this on my own. Who will fix me now?
Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down?
Save me from myself, don't let me drown.~

"A... piercing?"

I blinked a couple times, surprised and confused as to why Percy wanted a piercing for his birthday. That is, if I heard him right. A piercing. Out of anything he possibly wanted. If he did go along and got a piercing...

"Yeah, why not? They look cool on some people," Percy stated with a shrug. His eyes met mine again and he frowned in concern. "Hey, y'alright, Neeks?"

I closed my mouth. "Huh?"

The green eyed man chuckled and his face softened out. I decided to continue browsing down the near deserted street with Percy.

"Well... Maybe we should get some lunch so you can think through what exactly you want. Does that sound okay?" I asked Percy with a shy smile, glancing up at him sideways like a curious kitten.

He grinned and patted his stomach. "Hell, yeah! I'm starving!"

I chuckled and we continued to make our way down the street full of small buildings with massive shop windows. Halfway to Percy's favourite restaurant The Ivy, I noticed his face begin to twist into an unknown emotion from the corner of my eye. His green eyes narrowed slightly, his eyebrows frowned in a mildly nervous fashion, his lips pressed into a straight line, his bangs fell into his eyes, he began walking weirdly (almost mechanically), and he appeared as if he wanted to say something badly, but was giving it a second thought. Or maybe he just really had to use the restroom. It was a possibility.

Not a minute later, Percy paused right in the middle of the street. I stopped walking as well and turned around to give him a questioning gaze.

"I was just wondering..." He began, tousling his black hair. "You don't have to, but I was just gonna put it out there because, well, you're always welcomed and you're my friend. I just remembered now, so it's not like I've been keeping it from you and I'm not try'na run away or anything-"

"Perce." I frowned with suspicion. "Is something wrong?"

"Would you like to have lunch at my place with my family and I?" He blurted with wide eyes.

Percy seemed hesitant to ask me, as if I was going to turn him down and walk away on him on his own birthday. Like I would do that. But, I was still feeling rather uncomfortable about the idea. I would be around his family, I would have to be social and polite, I would be alone at Percy's place, I would have to be 'introduced' to his parents again (this time properly and not like his last birthday). Which got me wondering... Would it compare to the last time I showed up on his balcony during his birthday? I appeared just to say goodbye, but he invited me in for cake. It was heartwarming (yet totally devastating and angering at the time) and I was a nervous wreck. As I was now.