Chapter twenty-two

"Did I ever tell you how I got this limp?" Newt asked slowly as I took a seat next to him "no." He nodded "I was so sick of the place - thought we'd never get out. So, I climbed to the top of the walls and I - I jumped. Minho and Alby found me and dragged me back into the glade" Newt explained.
"Newt I'm-" "just promise me you'll always do what's right, that you'll do whatever it takes to keep them safe" Newt interrupted "what's this about?" I asked confused.
"Just promise me Tommy. Please" he begged "I promise."

"Is he okay? Should we wake him up?" Lydia asked Teresa "he's fine. He's just dreaming" Minho replied boredly "look, I don't know what your problem is with us - but he's our friend to" Scott huffed "his friend?" Minho laughed bitterly "His friends were by his side whilst his other friends were dying" "I was by his side when his mum died - I was by his side when we all thought he was dying. Just because he doesn't remember doesn't mean we stop caring about him" Scott replied firmly.
"The people we were before the maze don't exist anymore - this is who we are now, we kill to protect and we kill to survive. You don't strike me as the kind of person to kill" Minho spat.
"Get some sleep - we only have a few hours before sunrise." Minho added.

"Thomas!? Where's Thomas?" Teresa asked shaking Minho awake "i don't know - but I have a feeling this will explain it" Minho answered picking up a folded piece of paper.
'I won't let anyone else die because of me. Get them home safely."
Minho read aloud "well what the hell does that mean?" Derek asked "he's gone to make a deal" Minho huffed "but we're not letting him are we?" Lydia asked panicked.
"No way in hell" Minho smirked.