Chapter twenty-nine

"I hope you're not beginning to pity the boy" Jansen spoke from behind Ava.
"We've taken enough from these boys - if by chance they do show up - no harm will come to them" Ava spoke firmly causing Jansen to roll his eyes.
"Thomas will be dead, his friends will see that as an act of war. They'll try and kill us first" he argued "then let them. They won't get in the building. I mean it Jansen. No more killing" Ava spat.

"What if we don't get there in time?" Lydia asked "in time for what? They're not going to kill him" Newt huffed.
"You keep saying that but I feel like -" "is it one of those feelings?" Minho asked pointedly.
"Not yet." "Then stop going in about it" Minho snapped back "you're giving me a headache" he then added.
"She does have a point though" Newt spoke lowly "I mean it's bloody wicked - who knows what they have planned next" he added "they won't kill him. They need him for the cure" Teresa spoke.
"Oh yeah - I keep forgetting how trustworthy you are" Newt snapped "two questions - how and why is she even here?" Newt added "they brought her back to life - no they didn't bring anybody else back. Two - Tommy decided to bring her along" Minho answered quickly.
"Yeah. After saving your life" Scott added casing both Newt and Minho to glare at him "Allison, as much as I love you - tell your boyfriend to shut the hell up. He doesn't know what he's talking about" Newt snapped "what do I have to do to get you guys to forgive me?" Teresa asked exhausted.
"We will never forgive you. You can play happy families with Tommy all you like - it doesn't change the fact that you're one of them" Minho barked "Thomas was one of them" Teresa snapped.
"Yeah. Well Tommy didn't stab us in the back did he?" Newt spoke.

"I would like you to come with me Thomas" Ava spoke through the door.
"Why?" "I want to show you something" she replied instantly "I didn't come here to bond with you" I spat back "I know you didn't. But I think this is something you need to see" she replied with guilt as I opened the door following her.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked confused "I can't tell you. Not here" "Okay" I huffed out confused as she led me down another set of stairs, only this time I was met with rows of containers.
"What is this?" I asked confused as she took a deep breath.
"Well we couldn't bury the bodies as they would be discovered. I thought - seeing as though they died for our course I would burn the bodies, each of them have their names and birthdays displayed" she spoke as she walked around to one particular shelf causing my breath to hitch.
"This is everyone from your maze" she spoke picking one container up in particular "this one is Chuck" she smiled sadly handing him over to me.

'Chuck, 12th June.
Too good for this world."

I read aloud as a tear fell from my eye. "I felt he needed something adding" Ava smiled looking at the shelf "they're all here Thomas - Winston, Alby. All of them" she explained "can I have some time alone with them?" I asked I unsure as she nodded lightly "of course you can" she spoke before she walked up the stairs.

"Hey guys - I don't really know what to say. I'm so sorry. But I'll be with you all soon enough and Newt, Minho and frypan will be able to live in peace. Without Wicked" I smiled lightly imaging little Minhos and Newts running around the place.
"I see you soon" I spoke sadly before walking back up to my room.