Chapter twenty-six

Beacon Hills:

"Look I don't know much, all I know is that they were looking for something, a cure. They experimented on children - kept them in mazes to see what they would do" Theo explained "but if there was two mazes should there be more children alive?" Kira asked as he shook his head "the trials were made to kill off the ones who wouldn't be relevant to them, I guess the three you saved were the only ones they needed" Theo continued.
"How do you know it was three - we've only mentioned two for obvious reasons" Noah questioned "when I found out they were still operating I didn't hesitate to do a little digging - I know frypan survived I just don't know where he is" "how did you even come across these people?" Malia asked as Theo took a minute.
"It was a few months before Stiles was taken over by the nogistune, I was in a bar and some people approached me - they tried to knock me out with this serum but I guess it didn't work on supernaturals - I tied them up and questioned them they told me everything. They agreed to take me to their headquarters which is where I met Ava and Jansen and trust me when I say - I've met my fair share of evil people. But they were by far the worst" Theo explained "you're not really giving us much hope" Liam spoke "I'm just telling you what I know okay. It's like they would kill anyone and anything just to get one thing - when I saw the mazes I got out as fast as I could. And then I came here. A few days before Stiles was taken I caught word that one of their employees had killed both Ava and Jansen. Bringing an end to the organisation - I guess they were wrong" "or lied to" Malissa thought out loud as everyone gave her confused looks.
"Maybe they knew you could have been a threat, so they put it out there that they were dead" she explained further "I just don't think they would let them survive again. Ava might but definitely not Jansen" Theo added "then we get them back. Now" Malia spoke firmly.

"Well, this is the city" Minho spoke tiredly "stay close, don't make eye contact and keep your head down, there shouldn't be people here but if there is" Minho added as they walked through the gate.
"Look for supermarkets" Minho spoke "follow me. I know where one is" Teresa spoke as everyone followed her including a skeptical Minho.
"Okay - get whatever you can, nothing that can melt and nothing that can go out of date quickly. The sooner we get out of here the better" Minho demanded as he started to fill a backpack up after taking a drink of the shelf.
"Look at all these guns" Lydia muttered as Scott looked in disgust causing Lydia to roll her eyes "they didn't have a choice Scott. They did what they had to" "yeah. I just wish it didn't have to turn them into heartless killing machines" Scott muttered as Minho started to pick the guns he wanted.
"I suggest you take one, especially around here. The place is overrun is cranks. It's a wonder we haven't ran into one yet" Minho spoke before walking away.
"And Scott - keep your thoughts to yourself" Minho yelled from behind his shoulder.
"We're going to find Newt" he then added with a smile.