Chapter 5: Past and Present

"Who is that?" Max asked. "My father..." Lexan said in fear. "What? Is it scary to see your dad again? Look like you've seen a ghost? Heh. I'd be that way too if I saw that my dead father alive in front of me." Lexan's father said. "What's your name?" Max asked. "You don't know me? ME?! I am the greatest entrepreneur to ever live! I am the legendary Sam Santiago!" Sam said. "You were presumed dead 15 years ago in a car crash! How are you here?!" Max asked baffled and curiously. "I kept a low profile. Been "dead" for years. I'm a master at faking deaths!" Sam said. "So you've done it before?" Max asked. "Why of course! Last time, which was 15 years ago, was a total accident! My dear son here tried to kill me! He rammed my car straight into a tree, then he shot me in the chest!" Sam said. "Wait. You tried to kill your own dad?!" Max asked Lexan. "I had a good reason too!" Lexan said.

"Hey dad are you going to my graduation this Friday?" A young Lexan asked. "Of course son! Wouldn't miss it for the world!" A young Sam said. Both were in a car. Sam was driving Lexan to school for his final week of high school. "I wish mom was here to see this..." Lewal said sad. "I wish she was here too." Sam said. Sam had this weird look on his face. It looked like the face of guilt. "Why do you look gui...Oh my god...Y-you killed her didn't you?" Lexan said suspecting Sam. "Uhh...no. I didn't kill her. Why would you assume that, son?" Sam asked. "That look on your face...The tone of your voice...It's obvious." Lexan said still suspecting Sam. "Lexan...I want you to succeed in life. Your mom was just holding you back from your full potential as an entrepreneur. Your sister was also holding your back." Sam said. "So you DID kill her!" Lexan said angrily with a raised voice. "Yeah. Fine. I did kill her, but she would've held you back! You're one of the best entrepreneur I've ever seen! And you're only in high school!" Sam said. "That isn't a good reason to kill the love of your life and your daughter!" Lexan yelled angrily. "You know what. You're right, and I'm very sorry." Sam said apologetically. "Sorry doesn't cut it!" Lexan yelled as he grabbed the steering wheel and turned it. The car crashed into a tree on the side of the road. Lexan was still awake after the impact. He was barely hurt. Lexan grabbed a gun out of the glovebox and shot Sam in the chest. "That's what you get you murderous scum!" Lexan thought angrily. Lexan put the gun in Sam's hand. Lexan then got out of the car and walked to school. Leaving the scene.