Chapter 27: Friendship and Betrayal

"Guys...are you still alive...?" Ayami said bleeding out. "You think one shot is going to kill me? Nope!" Shinsuke said as he got up. "We need to get you to medics Ayami. You got shot twice and you're bleeding out badly." Hiroka said. "Thanks guys..." Ayami said. "For what?" Shinsuke asked. "For not betraying me and the rebellion." Ayami said. "Why would we do that? You're our friend and we value your life just as much as our own lives!" Shinsuke said. "That's why you guys are the best friends I can ask for..." Ayami said. "Well let's get you to some medics." Hiroka said.

"We got you patched up Renee. You want to keep fighting?" The medic asked. "I'll keep fighting. It's what Max would've wanted." Renee said as she got up and grabbed a weapon. Lexan called her over to him. He was laying in a bed. "Hey Renee." Lexan said. "Hey." Renee said. "So we're losing?" Lexan asked. "We sadly are." Renee said. "We need to keep trying. Where's Ray? He should be in here." Lexan said. "He died. He betrayed us. He shot Max, then me. I had no choice but to kill him." Renee said. "Renee I know when you're lying. Ray isn't dead." Lexan said. "He is..." Renee said starting to cry. "Don't cry. He betrayed us. He killed Max. Fight for Max, and fight for Ray if you want to." Lexan said. "Ok I'll fight for them." Renee said thinking that she'll only fight for Max.