Chapter 31: Not the Best

Everyone got in the mechs as Renee distracted Zawyer. "Ok so these mechs destroyed a planet-sized Hivemind in a few minutes?!" The soldier asked surprised. "Do you even know what a Hivemind is?" The other soldier asked. "I don't, but I know it was powerful because it was planet-sized!" The soldier said. "Fair point, but what if it actually wanted to be friends with them?" The other soldier asked. "In the story the Hivemind was dangerous. Dipshit." The soldier said. "But what if it was?" The other soldier asked. "You know what. I'm outta here. I'm getting in a mech." The soldier said walking into one of the Zaleth ships. The other soldier followed him in.

"Ok guys. It's time. Renee is in danger distracting Zawyer. We need to hurry and destroy Zawyer's ship." Tony said. A giant explosion was heard. One of Zaleth's ships was destroyed by Zawyer. "Ok let's go people! Into the mechs!" Tony said as he got into a mech. James, Michelle, Elias, and the soldiers did the same. They got everything set up and flew out of the ship.

"Do you have hope now?!" Zawyer asked Renee as he blew up ships and buildings. "I will always have hope!" Renee said. "Is killing you the only way to make you lose hope?!" Zawyer asked. "Even if you kill me I'll still have hope!" Renee said. "Fine. I don't need to get rid of your hope. I just need to scare you." Zawyer said. "Did you just say a thought aloud?" Renee asked. "You heard what you needed to hear." Zawyer said as he shot at the mechs in the air. Half of them got destroyed. "No!" Renee yelled. "Are you scared now?" Zawyer asked. "Stop this!" Renee yelled. "Stop what? This isn't a game. This is war, and death happens in war. Betrayal too!" Zawyer said trying to remind Renee of Ray's betrayal. "You think reminding me of him and what he did is going to affect me?! He's dead to me now! Reminding me of him is just going to make me mad!" Renee said getting mad. Zawyer shot at the floor below her. Causing her to fall. "Being in a building during a fight with a ship? You'd probably have a bigger chance of survival outside!" Zawyer said as Renee fell outside. She spranged her ankle. Renee screamed in pain. "You think a little ankle fracture hurts? Well just wait to feel the pain I'm going to give to you!" Zawyer said as he started shooting missles everywhere. Just then a rocket hit an engine on Zawyer's ship. "You're not killing my niece..." Lexan said after the rocket exploded. "You think that did anything to my ship Mr. redneck?! It barely hurt it!" Zawyer said while laughing maniacally. "I know..." Lexan said. What's left of the mechs came out of nowhere and started shooting everywhere on Zawyer's ship. "You think this is doing anything?! Well it isn't!" Zawyer said still laughing.

"Oh we know!" Sam said as he stabbed Zawyer in the back. "How did you get in here...?!" Zawyer asked shocked. "Snuck in. How else would I have gotten in here?" Sam said. "Men...! Get in here!" Zawyer tried yelling. "All the ones in here are dead. Also bad idea on your part for being the pilot. You probably wouldn't be stabbed right now if you just let some random soldier be the pilot, but I guess ego got in the way." Sam said. "But...I'm the best in the world! I'm the leader!" Zawyer said bleeding out. "That's true, but we're better. Now don't mess with my family again." Sam said as he stabbed him in the chest and through him off the plane. Zawyer fell to the ground dead. "Welp. Guess you're not as powerful as you thought." Lexan said to Zawyer's dead body.