Chapter 8: The Journey to Illinois

Everybody was in different military barrack trucks. Each carrying about 10 soldiers. It was about three days after they left. They were in St. Louis, Missouri at the moment. They were stopping to take a rest. "Why are we taking a rest?" Caleb asked. "We need one. We haven't eaten since seven." Lexan said. "But we're almost there!" Caleb said. "I know. We need to prepare though. It will only take about three hours to drive there, and it's only noon right now. I think we have enough time." Lexan said. "I see. Well if you say so." Caleb said. "Wait why did we go on this journey to begin with? Wasn't our original plan to slowly rise by taking small government buildings and then the bigger ones?" Ray asked. "Plans change. We need that tech." Lexan said. "Well ok. Hope we survive." Ray said. "Yeah. I do too." Lexan said back.

"Have you found the Nevada Rebellion?" Zawyer asked his best general Chicago. "Not yet sir. I've heard they've traveled out of Nevada though. I've made a country wide search for that rebellion. The others are weak. That one might be a threat." Chicago said. "Every rebellion is a threat! It's just that the Nevada one is the biggest." Zawyer said. "Ok sir. I've sent a signal to every government base around America that has power." Chicago said. "How did you send it so quickly?" Zawyer asked. "It's pre-recorded. I'm always prepared, sir." Chicago said. "Good. I'm going to go talk to someone now. See you later." Zawyer said as he walked away. "Wait sir!" Chicago said. "What?" Zawyer asked. "Is that person that shadow guy you've been talking to?" Chicago asked. "That's classified." Zawyer said as he walked away.