Chapter 21: Connections

Ayami and co. went into the communications room to find nobody in there. There was no N.E.G. employees nor guards. "This is a little suspicious guys..." Ayami said. "Yeah. I know. It's super quiet. It's kinda uncomfortable." Hiroka said. "Let's just stop worrying and get in contact with our rebellion." Leonard said. Ayami walked up to the communications machine. She turned on the machine and changed the communications channel to their rebellion's private channel. "Do you think you'll connect?" Shinsuke asked. "We are pretty far away, but I think we'll be able to have at least a connection to the communication network." Ayami said. "So now we just need to wait for it to connect?" Shinsuke asked. "Yes. It should take about two minutes to connect." Ayami said.

"They're contacting their rebellion now." Chicago told Zawyer. "Everything is going to plan." Zawyer said. "When should we commence Operation: Switcher?" Chicago asked. "I've made it a part of the plan. It will be commenced later. For now we wait." Zawyer said. "Ok sir " Chicago said.

After about two minutes Ayami got a connection to the private communications network. "Yes! We finally have a connection!" Ayami said happily. "Is it a good one?" Leonard asked. "Let's find out!" Ayami said. She picked up the mic on the keyboard and turned it on. "This is Ayami Sasaki of Rebel Team Gold! We're in a battle with the N.E.G. here in America! We need reinforcements!" Ayami said through the mic. "What is your location?" Someone said after a few seconds. "We are in a N.E.G. building in Lexington, Illinois. Please come quick! We're losing!" Ayami said. "Reinforcements will be sent. They will be there in a few hours over plane." The person said. "Thank you! Thank you!" Ayami said happily. "You didn't need to say thank you twice. Try to survive those few hours." The person said. "We will. Thanks again!" Ayami said. "No prob. Just doing my job." The person said.

"The Japanese rebellion is sending reinforcements." Chicago said. "It's still going to plan. I see the Japanese Rebellion haven't abandoned the plan." Zawyer said. "So Gold Team are the only ones not part of the plan?" Chicago asked. "They're not." Zawyer said. "So you're going to commence Operation: Switcher later?" Chicago asked. "The time will come. For now we wait." Zawyer said.