Chapter Seventeen: Deadman don't speak

Third POV________________
Everything happened quickly, Asuma's funeral was bigger than Naruto had expected but yet again he was the third Hokage's son and a beloved jonin.

The twins had asked many questions and once again Naruto was reminded of their naive and innocent nature.

They were quick to ask when asuma-san would come back and didn't quite understand why everyone had been so sad. Konohamaru cried loudly being that he was quite close to his late uncle.

Tracking Sasuke had also become a top priority again. Figuring that finding itachi and using him as bait to find Sasuke would be the best course of action.

Currently that was what they were doing. Team Kurenai and Kakashi had been charged with finding the missing nin and they were doing their best to track him down. Well with the exception of Kurenai who was on maternal leave.

Earlier they had split up in groups along with kakashi's ninken. Hinata and Kakashi were the ones on Naruto's team to make sure she didn't make some rash decisions.

"Don't stray far naruto. If we run into Itachi he will be a hard opponent to subdue." Kakashi grumbled as he scanned the area. Hinata meekly placed her hand on her friends shoulder and lightly squeezed it in reassurance.

By now Hinata had become desperate in attempts to help her friends beloved and being that she was her best friend she wanted to help her. but as time went by it would be harder to integrate  the now missing nin back into the village. She also knew that her friend wanted her two children to meet their father.

"I know. But I'm worried, ya know." Naruto grumbled as she looked around almost wishing that the demented uchiha made an appearance.

But as few say, be careful what you wish for.

A tall long haired figure came to view, his skin was a milky pale and his dark red eyes and black hair contrasted with his pale skin.

He wore a tired expression and cocked his head slightly as he took notice of them.

Her body stiffened and she quickly fell into her fighting position.

"Well well, I thought we would've met sooner." He grumbled as his sharingan spun slowly.

"Don't look into his eyes!" Kakashi yelled but his voice became faint.

Naruto felt her body become weak and sleepy.

"Dammit." She gritted her teeth.

"I'm not here to capture you, I'm just curious as to why. Why do you continue to chase my brother?" He asked his voice was believed in a deep husky tone.

Naruto gritted her teeth. "Because, I care for him. I won't abandon and hurt him like you did." She hissed out glaring at him.

"A petty crush then." He stated in distaste and disinterest. She snickered loudly.

"As if, I do love him yes. But my personal feelings don't matter. All I care about is that he doesn't continue to suffer the burden of being a nukenin. I want him to find happiness even if it isn't at my side." She yelled out Kurama's chakra trying to pull her out of the genjutsu already.

"A petty crush, you were his plaything and actually believed that he grew to have feelings for you. My brothers only motivation is revenge and the family love I destroyed. You're pathetic, I can't believe I actually thought to ask you your motivation to seek him. Besides the only bond that matters to him is blood relation and that bond is one of hatred." Itachi spoke venomousily.

"That's not the only blood bond he has, I want him to know that he isn't the only uchiha left anymore. And that you aren't his sole family member anymore!" Naruto snapped but she was trying to shut up, that's when she realized the genjutsu she was in made her spill her inner thoughts.