We Can't

Diana's ( pov )

I sat at the edge of the pool gathering my thoughts. I knew exactly where this conversation was going and honestly I don't think that I want it at all.

Chris: Look Diana, I know you probably don't want to hear about it but just hear me out please.

Diana: * gets up * Chris no I know exactly where this is going and I don't want it.

Chris: * Sucks his teeth * Yea sure, sure you don't

Diana: What the hell is that supposed to mean.

Chris: nothing Diana, Are you gonna hear me out or not ?

Diana: I don't think that I want to hear it.

Chris: Why not ? I just want to get whatever off of my chest whatever decision you make is final

Diana: * sighs * I me-

I got cut off by the sound of glass breaking. We both ran inside only to see Simone and Aiden arguing.

Aiden: Why the fuck would you think that ?

Simone: Don't act dumb you always in her face whenever you see her, any smart person would know

Aiden: I don't like Diana like that, I'm married to your insecure ass

Chris: Hold up, Hold up ! You really think that him and Diana got something going on

Simone: Of course Not !  She wouldn't dare BUT she know damn well that she's trying to get with him

I took a seat on the island and rubbed my temples. Im getting tired of the arguing, every week it's some new bullshit

Diana: You know what Simone ! If you want to think that I like Aiden more than a fucking friend then so be it, I know what I know and you keep guessing like you don't have no sense.

Aiden: Me out of everybody in the world, you'd think would cheat on you. I love you Simone, and I wouldn't marry you just to cheat on you cause that's fucked up.

Simone: I'm sorry A-

Aiden: I don't even want to hear it honestly. You have your doubts and I have mine because never in my life would I think that you're cheating on me.

He walked out the door and she trailed behind him. I looked at my broken China plate on the floor and sighed. Chris began to pick up the pieces and started to talk.

Chris: I know you don't want to hear it but I'm going to talk.

Diana: * ignores him *

Chris: Look ever since I've met you I wanted you, even though we had our obstacles I wanted you so bad. At first I just wanted to fuck you but I got to know you and ended up really wanting to call you mine.

Diana: * scoffs * What obstacles ? And I'm gonna pretend like I didn't hear the last part of what you said.

Chris: Our parents being married and Julia

Diana: Yea but small obstacles never stop you

Chris: Yea * laughs * , but then you got pregnant with the twins and I wanted to make you my wife but it was too soon. So I wanted yo wait to make sure that we were both on the same page.

Diana: How'd you even know that we were ?

Chris: that time when I told you that I love you and really meant it. I held you close to me and told you. You said it back and ever since then I wanted to ask you. And I know for a fact that when I proposed to you in Burger King that was real shitty but I couldn't wait anymore.

I stopped what I was doing and sat down on the couch to listen to him fully.

Chris: I fucked up every chance I had with you. Every time it got good for us I did something to mess it up and it only took me until Aiden and Simone to realize that I really need you in my life.

Diana: * sighs * Chris every time that I try to work it out with you, you blow me over and I really don't want to go through it again. I'm sorry

Chris: Dia-

Diana: No Chris we can't