The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire

Renesmee Cullen, the daughter of Edward and Bella Cullen, has grown up! The young girl is now seventeen, and is about to begin at school. She is in love with werewolf Jacob Black, and her best friend is Clare, who is Quil's imprint. As Renesmee and Clare have grown up together, the girls are now finally the same age. Renesmee is about to have some massive changes in her life, some of which involve Clare.

Chapter One... To Be Seventeen Again

I was running. Running scared. I could feel the wind against me as I breezed through the depths of the forest at inhuman speeds, heading toward my home. Lucky my half-vampire side of me kicked in every time I needed it to. I didn't dare look back at the vampire that hunted me; if only I could scream for the help of either of my parents and they would come. I ran... then suddenly, I froze. I turned behind me to see the ravenous vampire that was chasing me... it was Jacob.

I screamed. Suddenly I awoke to my mother shaking me frantically.

"Renesmee! Ness, are you alright? Ness!?!"

"Ouch..." I gasped. "Please stop shaking me, mom."

"Ohh," Mom muttered and let me go.

"I had a bad dream, mom," I cried. She hugged me tight.

"Clare is here," mom announced. I looked a little stunned.

"Why?" I questioned. "It's so early..." Mom frowned.

"Nessie, it's your seventeenth birthday!" someone said from the kitchen. I recognised the voice of my Aunt Alice, whom we all knew was really the only one who ever remembered birthdays. I frowned a little.

"Aunt Alice is here?" I scowled.

"Yes, she is. And she can hear you," Mom whispered in my ear. No need to whisper in my family, nothing stays secret.

Mom left the room then so I could get ready for the day. I hated getting presents, something I inherited from my mother. That, and my pet hate for shopping, Aunt Alice found the need to sarcastically thank my mother for passing onto me. I had an enormous closet, filled with the most beautiful of clothes. I loved clothes, but hated picking them for myself. At least I could rely on Aunt Alice to select the finest clothes for me. Today I opted for a beautiful pink frilly top that made my bronze curls look immaculate, and a pair of dark jeans. I put on matching pink slip-on shoes, and accesorised with some silver jewellery.

As I walked downstairs, Aunt Alice gasped, then a large grin formed on her perfect face.

"Gee, Bella, looks like your daughter knows how to use her closet without the help of me!" Alice squealed. "Shame the same can't be said for you." Mom frowned, and I looked to see her in a singlet top and a pair of track pants. I giggled.

"Sorry that clothes aren't everything to me," Mom muttered in an annoyed voice.

"Nessie!" Clare squealed, wrapping her arms around me. I hugged her back, but sometimes I hated it when she did that. I was hungry.

"Hey, Clare," I said nervously. "Umm... I haven't eaten yet..." I added. Clare dropped her arms immediately and took a few steps back.

"Sorry, Ness," Clare said slowly. "But I really don't want you to eat me..." I laughed.

"I'm just being cautious, Clare," I grinned.

Clare gave me a beautiful Quileute-designed windchime for my birthday. Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper gave me an expensive-looking necklace, and some perfume. Mom and dad gave me a gorgeous bracelet with my initials engraved into it, a massive CD and DVD collection, a new laptop to replace the one that mom accidentally broke, and a nice pink scarf and beanie set that matched what I was wearing. Not that I felt the cold. Aunt Rosalie and Uncle Emmett gave me a hot pink porsche, and then Grandma Esme and Grandpa Carlisle gave me a new pink Volkswagon Beetle, a car that didn't look so conspicious. Grandpa Charlie gave me three plane tickets for me and my parents to go visit Grandma Renee, something he'd been nagging us to do for many years.

As Clare and I rode in my new Beetle to school, I began to get nervous. I had always wanted to meet my Grandma Renee, but my parents were against it. Too complicated, I guess. That, and my parents didn't look like they had a seventeen year old daughter, and explaining it might be difficult. But today, I demanded we visit her. My parents reluctantly agreed when I said I would go without them if I had to. Mom put her foot down, and dad would do anything she wanted.

As we pulled into the car park at school, Quil stood there looking nervous. I looked at Clare, who I noticed was nervous too. What was going on?

"What is it, Clare?" I whispered.

"He knows..." she gasped.

"He knows?" I repeated. "Knows what?"

"Nessie..." Clare said softly. I looked up at Quil, who hadn't made an attempt to move towards the car.

"You're not gonna break up with him, are you?" I near-shouted. Clare gave me a panicked look.

"Haha, no," she muttered nervously. "I'm going to be tied to him for life, no matter what..."

"I'm pretty sure you're just mumbling to yourself, Clare," I replied impatiently. "He imprinted on you, of course you're tied to him!"

"That's not what I mean!" Clare shouted. "He's gonna propose, I know it... It's all my fault..."

I was confused.

"How is it you're fault? And why is he gonna propose?" I rattled off quickly. Clare wasn''t making any sense.

"Renesmee..." Clare breathed. My face fell. Clare never called me by my full name.

"Clare?" I said softly.

"I never wanted to have kids," Clare said, tears forming in her eyes. "But, I'm pregnant, so I guess it's gonna happen anyway."

"Woah!" was all I could manage to say.

"Mom must have told him, unless he overheard," Clare continued. "Emily wouldn't have, she has a nine year old and two six year olds, she would keep my secret..."

"Emily knows?" I questioned. Clare nodded.

"Go figure," she mumbled. "Quil has spent time with me since I was two years old, and he's still seventeen, like he was when he stopped aging. I don't think I'm ready to be a mom."

"Clare, you're almost eighteen," I replied. "When you have the baby, you will be eighteen. You're my best friend, and I will help you if you need it. I'm gonna outlive your kid, anyway. You're gonna be a great mom, Bear!" Clare wrapped her arms around me and sobbed into my neck. I hugged her back, and Quil came over to the car now.

"Thanks, Nessie," Clare sobbed softly. "You have to be the baby's Godmother, please?"

I nodded and smiled. Quil picked Clare up out of the car.

"Hey, Ness, Jake's looking round for you," Quil said sternly. "He's got a present for you or something."

"Quil, you can put me down..." Clare said, struggling through Quil's strong grip on her. He put her down, and she left with him.

"See you in Biology, Nessie!" She shouted from a distance.

more to come :) :)