The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 20

Chapter Seventeen... History Repeating Itself

We had arrived home later that day with baby Isabelle keen to meet the family. I know that sounds odd, but she let me know with her little ablilities. She really was unique. As soon as I was in the door, Alice took her from my arms instantaneously.

"Aww, she's perfect!" she crooned, cuddling her. "Ooh... she smells good. Not in the food way... but she doesn't smell like Jacob and his pack of dogs." Jacob frowned, but Alice laughed, letting him know she was joking.

"She smells like... one of us," Esme smiled, as Alice handed Isabelle off to her. Jacob scowled.

"Great," he groaned. "She smells like a bloodsucker!" I slapped him hard across the back of his head. If I had hit him any harder, his skull would have broken. He yelped in pain.

"What the hell was that for, Ness?!" he screamed.

"You call my family bloodsuckers, then you're calling me and Isabelle that too," I said straight, and annoyed. "And we are your family. Unless... you want to be alone again?" I snarled at him. He flinched back at my angrily exposed teeth.

"Well..." he said thoughtfully.

"Do you really want me to hurt you?" I snapped. "Because I'll do it! You're carrying on like a child who calls people names now get over it! I'm a vampire... and our daughter is part one. You knew that when you married me... when you imprinted on me!"

"Oh, God!" Jacob groaned. "I'm gonna go visit Rach for a bit... while you show off Izzie to the bloody vamp relatives!"

I rolled my eyes at his childishness.

"Wow... If we could have one, Alice, we would," Jasper grinned, winking at Alice. He now held Isabelle in his hands. She flashed her perfect teeth at him. He chuckled. "Much like your mother, aren't you?" he crooned.

He held Isabelle for a moment before Emmett stole her from him innocently. He held my daughter up high; she laughed a perfect little laugh at him. My face lit up like the lights on a house at Christmas time. It was beautiful.

"Look! Aunty Rose wants a cuddle too!" Emmett grinned. I looked around; Rosalie sat in the corner, cuddling up to a cushion from the sofa. I took Isabelle over to her. She looked away.

"Come on, Rose," I whispered. Isabelle could tell that I wanted Rosalie to hold her, so she stretched her arms out. Rosalie looked at Isabelle, and fought the urge to hold her. Eventually, Isabelle got impatient, so she slapped her tiny hand down on Rosalie's arm. Rosalie took her from me, smiling.

"Okay, then," she groaned playfully, smiling slightly. "You look so much like Renesmee... wow!"

Rosalie held Isabelle for a while. I knew how she resented her immortality; how she always wanted to bear a child of her own. Even after my birth, nothing ever changed. Rosalie wanted a child even more... so much so that she almost kidnapped a newborn boy when I was about three. Mom was the only one that could stop her; she made her see that it wasn't worth it at all.

I allowed my family to enjoy Isabelle whilst I ate something, showered, and relaxed a little. After a few hours, mom had finally relinquished her from Esme, Alice and Rosalie, all of whom had taken to playing dress-ups with Isabelle, and my endless supply of baby clothes. Most of the clothes had been mine when I was a baby... but Alice had gone and spent a fotune on baby stuff for me when she found out I was pregnant. I was grateful; I didn't have to buy anything at all!

As mom handed Isabelle back to me, she slowly drifted off into a deep sleep. I decided that I couldn't hold her all night, so I placed her in the bassinet that Alice had given me. She slept soundlessly, occasionally frowning and smiling. I could watch her forever... but then I'd never live my immortal life. I sighed, kissed her rosy cheek, then walked away, leaving her to rest.