The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 26

Chapter Twenty-One... Changes

It had been a week since my eighteenth birthday bash. Cody had kept in contact with me through text messages, which I would reply to immediately through a rush of hormones. Cody was unlike any guy I'd ever met... but, still, we could only be friends. It was too dangerous for us to be otherwise.

I had begged my parents to allow me to attend Forks High School for the rest of my schooling year. At first they protested, but for some reason they agreed. I didn't know why, but I didn't really care either. I had gotten my way. I was due to start there today, a Monday of course. Isabella Swan and Edward Cullen's daughter, returning to a normal school. After all, the only reason I went to La Push High was because of Jacob.

Clare had angrily protested against my wanting to change schools; I didn't get it... she barely spoke to me now. I sighed as she stormed away from me on Friday morning at school when I spent my last day there. All my other friends supported my decision, but many of the teachers thought it foolish. I couldn't exactly explain to them that I would be going to school over and over again throughout my immortal life... They already judged me for being a teenage mother, so it didn't surprise me that they would think I had thrown away my entire future.

I drove to Forks High for the first time in my life. The school was a shorter distance from my cottage than La Push was, so that was a bonus. The large-sized school was hidden amongst the greenery of the forest. It didn't look like a school, though. It could have passed for several apartment buildings easily. It was old, but it suited the small town. I entered the front office nervously, not knowing what to expect. A woman sat behind the desk; she wore glasses, and her mouse brown hair hung dead-straight midway down her back. She looked up at me, glaring a little.

"Can I help you?" she snarled. The plate on her desk said 'Lauren Mallory'. That name was familiar...

"Hi," I replied nervously. "I'm Renesmee Cullen. I'm starting here today."

"Cullen?" she scowled.

"Yes," I said, frowning. This woman definitely didn't like her job.

"Here," she said, shoving a handful of papers toward me. "Class schedule, map... have your teachers sign this one, it's so that they know who you are... Bring it back at the end of the day."

"Umm... okay," I gasped.

Lauren eyed me curiously. I couldn't help but stand there...

"Your parents are Isabella and Edward Cullen..." she said, reading from a folder. "I went to school with them."

"Oh, really?" I said, smiling. "Were you a friend of their's?"

Lauren laughed hysterically, then gave me a frown.

"Nope," she snarled simply. I took the opportunity to get away. I could tell that this woman would make my life difficult every chance possible.

I moved toward the cafeteria. Students glared at me as I walked past on this unusually sunny day. My bronze curls flipped wildly as I walked, avoiding eye contact with other students, or worse, teachers. Meeting people from my parents' school days was becoming an annoying habit; I thought back to the day I met Angela, who was a friend of my mom's. It was hard to lie to her. At least with Lauren, she wouldn't care what my parents were up to. Though she might be jealous of me, their 'perfect' daughter. I laughed in my head at the thought.

I noticed a group of girls looking at me and talking amongst themselves. I could hear what they were talking about as I moved closer to them. Gotta love my vampire hearing!

"Who's she?" one girl said, looking at me and then back at her friends.

"I hear she's a senior, like us," another spoke. "Fancy transferring now!"