The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 51

"Aww, Ness, don't cry anymore," Jacob crooned, wrapping his large, warm arms around me. I had forgotten how comfortable he could make me feel. A part of me really did still love him... I just wasn't going to admit it to anyone.

"I can't help it," I sobbed into his chest. "He was just such an awesome person. Why did it have to be him?"

"What, would you rather it had been me?" Jacob joked. I threw a punch into his stomach.

"Ouch!" he groaned.

"I'd rather it didn't happen to any of you, smartass!" I scoffed, pulling away from Jacob.

"Sure, sure," he chuckled. I frowned.

"Do you always have to be such an ass?" I asked him angrily. "Seriously! Your friend just died, and you're making stupid jokes! You don't have to be the world's biggest prick all the time, you know!"

"Glad to know what you really think of me," he moaned.

"My opinion of you changes every day," I replied candidly. "It depends on how you're acting. A few minutes ago, you were being sweet, and now you're just acting like some jerk whose asking for someone to break his nose."

"So you're pretty much saying your opinion of me changes every few minutes," he chuckled. I fought the urge to inflict violence, but Isabelle was nearby and it wasn't something I wanted her picking up.

"For good reason," I snarled, rolling my eyes.

Jacob walked back over to the table and sat down. I stood on the spot for a minute, then followed suit. I had promised we would work out a schedule for his visits from Isabelle. She would spend holidays with both of us; Jacob would travel to Alaska for those, and all of her birthdays. But after her first birthday, she would come back here for two weeks with Jacob before I came back here to pick her up. Until she was old enough to fly on her own, of course.

Well, there was something that scared me!

Soon enough, sooner than any of us think, Isabelle would be an adult. Independent, strong... a woman, nonetheless. She was already growing too quickly for my perfect eyes, and one day she would have children of her own.

Wow... me... a grandmother.

Some days I still struggled to believe that I was a mother. Isabelle was well and truly mine, but being a parent is hard. It's the best thing that had ever happened to me, though.

But one day she would be one herself...

That made me feel old, even though I can't get old. Not physically, anyway. But I was on the verge of nineteen and even that was scary. My mom still looked eighteen, but she was almost thirty-eight. She couldn't believe it herself most of the time. We were physically kids... mentally everything and more.

As I sat across from Jacob at the table, writing out a rough schedule for Isabelle, these thoughts ran through my mind.

"You realise one day we're gonna be grandparents," I sighed, staring off into space. Jacob looked up, and he looked mortified.

"That's if I ever let any guy ever touch her," he said sharply. I laughed.

"She's gonna get raging hormones," I smiled. "We did."

"Yeah, and your parents were less than impressed," he chuckled. "Plus, look what happened to us."

"Isabelle isn't us," I frowned.

"I still don't like the idea of her having sex," Jacob snarled. "Ever!"

"It's gonna happen one day," I laughed. "She's smart. If we don't let her, she'll sneak around."