The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire... The Story Of Renesmee Cullen

Chapter Two... Nessie And Jacob- Forever, Or Forever Not?

I wandered through the schoolyard alone, searching for Jacob's tall, handsome figure. It was, however, impossible to seek him out in this school. Forks High School would have probably been a better option, but my parents allowed me to attend La Push High School with Jacob. Lucky for him, he'd finished school long enough ago that he could pass off as Jacob Black the Second, much to his distaste. I thought about Clare... her baby would grow up as a Quileute, and if it was a boy, it had a chance of becoming a wolf. I loved Jacob, but it would be much easier if he were human, or vampire. But I couldn't tell him that; the one thing he hated about me was that I was "half-bloodsucker" and that when I wasn't at school, blood was my choice of meal. As I thought about what sort of future we might have together, something that plagued my mind constantly, Jacob appeared right before my eyes.

"Nessie," he squealed, grabbing me in a tight hug. I squirmed; he smelt strongly of pizza.

"Hey, Jake!" I gasped when he let me go. "You smell like pizza, you know," I added, and he laughed.

"Breakfast," he admitted. I rolled my eyes.

"Most people eat cereal, or toast," I lectured. Jacob gave me a contradicting look.

"At least I didn't have blood, now, did I?" he snarled. I chuckled sarcastically.

"What makes you think I had any breakfast?" I replied, grinning. He looked worried now.

"Renesmee..." he began. I cut him off, though, before he could continue.

"I ate a few cookies in the car on the way here," I lied, hoping it would work. I didn't feel the need to eat this morning, and I avoided taking Clare on my hunting trips, despite her arguing me over it. It wasn't exactly safe, even if I didn't think I would ever hear her.

"Ohh," Jacob mumbled. He dropped the subject.

"I got two cars for my birthday," I said suddenly, and smiled happily. Jacob looked jealous.

"Aww, man!" he grumbled. "I don't even have one!"

"Jealous?" I questioned teasingly. He chuckled.

"You could give me one..." he hinted. I laughed, and then he frowned crankily.

"They're both pink, aren't they?" he grumbled. I giggled and nodded. "Great," he added.

"I got a hot pink porsche, and a pink Beetle," I said excitedly. "And I'm pretty sure my mom will let you drive her Ferrari if you need a car. I mean, she and dad always take dad's volvo anyway."

"I'm gonna get a car one day, Ness," Jacob said gloomily. "I'm just not rich like you."

"Ohh, Jake, I was born rich, okay!" I snapped. "So don't play the 'you're rich and I'm not' card again because, seriously, it's getting old."

"Gee, Nessie, settle," Jacob growled. I started to walk away.

"Ness?" he grabbed my arm, and I turned toward him, looking down.

"What do you want from me, Jacob?" I said quietly. "I mean, we're supposed to be together, but I wonder somedays if you have ever wanted to be with someone else since you imprinted on me."

"No, never," Jacob whispered. "I love you, Renesmee Carlie Cullen. I love you more than anything." Then Jacob got down on one knee, and pulled out a small box. I gasped.

"Oh, no, Jake..." I breathed. My heart began racing, but I could hear Jacob's racing too.

"Renesmee, will you marry me?" Jacob said nervously. I looked at the beautiful ring in the box, and could clearly see that it was expensive. But it looked like the ring I found at Grandpa Charlie's house when I was six. It had belonged to my Grandma Renee when she was married to Charlie.