The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 35

Chapter Twenty-Seven... He's The Father Of My Child, After All

My whole body was rigid; I had never expected him to come back. Personally, I didn't think he'd have the guts to. He'd pissed off a coven of vampires, after all, and none of us were afraid of killing him. It had been ten long months since I'd seen Jacob. but he still looked the same. When he left, he claimed it would be years before he returned, in which time we'd be long gone.

I had liked that thought up until now. Jacob looked happy to see me, but I was definitely not happy to see him. I know I should be grateful he showed up... he's the father of my child, after all. Though he did abandon us; Isabelle didn't know her own father. That was something that had haunted me until I met Cody. But even that hurt to think about.

Several minutes passed, and we both just stood there. I couldn't manage to speak, and he couldn't stop staring. Then, finally. He spoke again.

"I've missed you, Nessie," he said slowly and cautiously. I managed to frown.

"What... the... hell... are you... doing here?" I managed to say at a whisper.

"Well," Jacob said after a minute. "I have had a lot of time to think..."

"Yes, ten months," I scoffed.

"... and I've realised how much I love you," he finished, ignoring my remark.

I rolled my eyes.

"You don't love me," I snorted at him. "You love my mother. I get that. I've accepted it. But I don't love you... not anymore. And you do not love me. You just... you still haven't answered my question!" I couldn't manage to get my words together. There was so much I just wanted to shout at him.

"Renesmee, I know you love me," he said, grinning. "You wouldn't be like this if you didn't."

"You left me, Jacob!" I snapped. He took a step back. "And Izzie, you abandoned her too. What the hell do you want from me?"

"I already told you, Nessie," he replied. "I love you. I want you. I want to be married to you again, and have lots of kids... Izzie needs some brothers and sisters. And she needs her father."

I was getting infuriated now.

"I can't believe you just said that!" I shouted. "Now you wanna be a father to Isabelle? NOW?! What was wrong with ten months ago, when she was born and you just HAD to tell my mother that you still loved her?! Seriously?!"

"You have no idea how much I miss her," Jacob replied. "You know why I left. I had to! And it's done me the world of good, you know."

"Yes, you're just so full of life right now, aren't you?" I scoffed with a hint of sarcasm. "You had everything you could want here with me, and you chose to venture off and divorce me. You even sent me divorce papers! I'm free from you now, and that's the way I want it."

"You don't mean that..." Jacob laughed.

"Bullshit I don't!" I shouted at him. The smug look on his face finally vanished.

"I thought..." he began.

"You thought what?" I snarled. "You thought that you could come back and I'd just leap into your arms and beg you to propose and marry me right on the spot? That I would just let you back into my life... back into my heart? If you thought that, you're even stupider than I thought you were."

"I love you, Renesmee," he whispered. "I've always loved you."

"Yeah, right!" I scoffed.

"It's true!" he snapped. "You're the only one for me!"

"Jacob, I've met someone else," I blurted out. "And we've been intimate. Okay? Do you get it yet, or do I have to smack you around until you do?"

"Does he know what you are?" Jacob said, the smug look returning to his face.

"Yes," I said simply.

"And do you love him?"

"Yes, I do."

"Like you loved me?"

"More than that. He's much more of a man than you'll ever be. You're a cowardly heartbreaker!"

"Does he accept you for who you are like I do, Renesmee?"

I couldn't believe that he was pestering me like this. It was infuriating. But to ask this last question... did he know that the mystery guy was Cody? I hoped not... actually, I think I'd rather he know. It was probably harsh, but he needed to face reality. There was no way I would be reuniting with him like nothing had ever happened. No possibility of reuniting at all...

"I only told him the other day," I said truthfully. "He just needs time."

"I didn't need time," Jacob grinned, mostly to himself.

"You're a werewolf, smartass!" I scoffed.

"I'm still in love with you, Ness," he said, stepping closer to me. I froze. He caressed my cheek.

"You... love my mom," I said, unable to react just yet.

"Yes," he admitted. "But I love you, too."

I closed my eyes. Suddenly, Jacob leaned in to kiss me, and I heard a new set of footsteps. I opened my eyes and looked to where I heard the footsteps. I saw Cody... He just stood there, watching. When I looked at him, he turned and walked away. Jacob looked angry now.

"Cody?!" he shouted. "You slept with Cody?!"

"That's none of your business!" I shouted back at him. "I love him!"

"Doesn't look like he feels the same," Jacob said smugly.

I didn't even think about it. My hand seemed to form into a fist and slam into Jacob's face without my knowledge. Jacob fell to the ground in pain, blood pouring from his mouth and nose. I had broken a few bones. I didn't look back as I ran into the forest, looking for Cody. What had he come here for? Did he think Jacob and I were back together? Would he listen to my explanation, or would he ignore me and leave me?

I ran at inhuman speed, finding Cody sitting on a fallen tree. He looked infuriated. He was about to run away when he saw me, but I spoke first.

"You could do that, but I can catch you," I said, trying to make it a joke. He sat back down.

"What's he doing here?" Cody growled. "And what the hell were you doing, talking to him? Letting him kiss you?"

"I didn't let him kiss me," I said breathlessly.