The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 15

Chapter Thirteen... A New Vampire

It had been eight weeks since Jacob and I married. We had yet to set off on our honeymoon to Isle Esme; the weather had played a large part in this. I was getting anxious to go now, and Jacob was getting annoyed with my constant complaints. He felt that fate was telling us we shouldn't go there; I disagreed strongly. I felt that we needed to go...

Clare was overjoyed when baby Tyler was finally released from hospital at six weeks old. He had grown to be bigger than most newborns, and he was clearly intelligent. I loved him so much; Quil was worried I would take him as my own! Of course, it was a joke, and Quil took it a little too seriously. I had claimed him to be an overprotective father. Clare had agreed to let Tyler stay with Quil whenever he wanted him; though Clare had to refine her agreement, as Quil said enthusiastically that he wouldn't ever give him back then. He took him at least twice a week, whilst Clare had him every other day. Mira was extremely jealous... though, because of the imprinting, she couldn't stay away. Clare was a good mother to Tyler, and struggled to allow Mira to bond with him. After all, she would probably be his stepmother.

I had been spending my summer holidays doing virtually nothing. My parents had set off on a vacation to France, leaving Jacob and I to have the cottage to ourselves. We were enjoying it; too much, perhaps. I had been waiting for my parents to randomly return home, as they had been gone for almost a month. I wondered what they were up to now... this was the longest they had ever left me alone. Of course, if Jacob wasn't here they wouldn't have gone. They trusted him with me.

Jacob and I sat in the living room of the cottage. He was drawing in a sketch book, whilst I ate. Human food, oddly.

"Hungry, Ness?" Jacob questioned as I returned from the kitchen with some chocolate.

"Yeah," I sighed, taking a bite. "Don't feel like hunting."

"Two words: unlike you," Jacob laughed. "Why chocolate, anyway?"

"It was in the cupboard," I replied.

"Okay..." he said, looking back at his sketch book. I took another bite of the chocolate. It was hard, but my sharp teeth cut through it like they cut through the skin of some unsuspecting animal. I felt almost like I couldn't stomach hunting. I was exhausted; Jacob had kept me up all night with his talk about catching the scent of an unknown wolf. I rolled my eyes, uninterested.

"Want some?" I asked, forgetting my random thoughts for a moment.

"Nope," Jacob said lightly. "Dinner soon. I'm going hunting with Seth."

"You can't leave me alone!" I screeched. Jacob looked at me oddly.

"Relax," he frowned. "Alice is coming for a while. She wants to talk to you."

"About?" I enquired.

"I didn't ask," he replied. "I just agreed to go hunting with Seth."

"Okay then, Jake," I smiled. He looked at me oddly again. I frowned.

"What?" he growled.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" I snapped. Jacob lent back unexpectedly.

"Renesmee, you're acting weird," he said slowly. I frowned again.

"Next time, Jake, let me sleep," I scowled. I got up off the lounge and headed for the kitchen. I heard Jacob mutter "What's she gonna eat now?", and I hissed.

As I entered the kitchen, I noticed Alice speeding through the forest. As I blinked, she appeared beside me.

"Hey, Ness!" she squealed excitedly. "Yay! Girl time!" Jacob entered the kitchen as Alice hugged me tight. I gasped.

"Hello, Alice," he said curtly. Alice let me go.

"Goodbye, Jacob," Alice grinned. Jacob kissed my cheek as he took off out the door. He changed into his wolf form before disappearing into the forest.

"Why are you here, Aunty Alice?" I asked. She looked at me blankly.

"I have seen a new vampire," Alice began. "I don't know who she is, only that your parents found her in Paris and are bringing her home. They will be home tomorrow, of course," she added. My head was still spinning from the words 'new vampire'.

"How old is she?" I questioned anxiously.

"Young," Alice replied. "She's a young teenager, I think. Too big to be a child. Very controlled. Oh, and a vegetarian. Animal blood. Rare for someone we've never met. Actually, it's unique for someone we've never met."

"So... you came here to tell me that?" I said sarcastically. Alice frowned slightly.

"Nessie... you're acting odd..." Alice said, thinking hard. "What's up?"

"I'm fine," I said, smiling.

"Hmm... I don't believe you," she replied.

"Well, I need sleep," I said quietly. "Jake had me up all night with his blabbering."

"Uh-huh," Alice sniffed.