The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 28

Chapter Twenty-Three... Getting To Know Cody

As I only had limited time left here in Forks, I decided that I needed to get to know Cody pretty well before I left. Maybe even well enough to tell him my secret. Who knows? All I knew was that a part of me was falling in love with him already, and I couldn't ignore that. I felt odd, jumping into a relationship when I should be married. But Jacob had abandoned both me and Isabelle, and I wouldn't get back with him even if he came back begging me to. But he loved my mom, and I don't think he'd ever get over that. After all, he'd loved her since she was seventeen, and he first met her. You never really get over that.

I sighed as I drove into the school grounds of Forks High School today. I had to take Isabelle with me; something I'd organised with the school the previous day. All the teachers knew I was a mother... they just didn't know that me or my baby were supernatural. Isabelle sat in the back giggling wildly. Luckily for me, she still looked like an almost three month old, just in a bigger size. She really looked double her age, but luckily it was a common human thing. I had the feeling she would always look double her age... until ultimately she stopped growing.

As I pulled into a park, I climbed out and grabbed Isabelle from her seat. She was sniffing in the air; she then placed her hand on my cheek: she could sense that it was going to rain. I looked up at the clouds... definitely, but I could already sense it too. I walked into the school with my daughter... and ALL eyes were on me. Kate and Hallie were waiting for me in the cafeteria; they both squealed excitedly when they saw me with Isabelle.

"Aww! You brought her!" Hallie screamed delightfully, taking her from my arms. Isabelle loved both my friends; she would always act her age when they were around.

"Oh, look," Kate smiled. "Anna and Chloe are both staring now. Think they're jealous."

I looked up to see Anna, Chloe and a few other girls sitting at a table on the other side of the room. I looked away, laughing.

"They hate me," I laughed. "I can tell. And Isabelle's making it worse... Oh, I love it."

"They're jealous of everyone," Kate explained. "Unless... they're just like them."

"Didn't you two used to be friends with them?" I asked, smiling.

"Not really," Kate sighed. "We just didn't wanna hang out alone. We both became friends through the group. There aren't many girls in our year."

"True," I agreed.

Hallie sat there talking to Isabelle, who would shy away occasionally. I realised quickly it was when she was going to smile and show her teeth. I laughed, and Hallie relinquished her to Kate, who held her hands out for her. I looked around for Cody. I couldn't see him, though.

"Looking for me?" a voice whispered from behind me. I jumped, luckily it was a human reaction and not a vampire one. I stood up quickly, spinning around to see Cody laughing loudly at me.

"That was mean!" I joked, giving him a small, human-like punch. He still yelped slightly.

"For a girl, you throw one hell of a punch," he chuckled. "I'd hate to be in a fight with you, I bet you'd win!"

I laughed.

"I don't know about that," I lied, remembering that hunting with my mom last night, I took down three grizzly bears.

"Anna's glaring at you, Cody," Kate pointed out. We both looked around; sure enough, Kate stood there, watching us intently. I looked away... It was a little unnerving.

"She's jealous," Cody grinned, giving me a one-armed hug. Isabelle, who was pulling on Kate's gold necklace, looked at me. I smiled at her, and she hid her face in Kate's chest.