SIX: THE UNBREAKABLE VOW

PART ONE, SIX: THE UNBREAKABLE VOW

Don't be afraid to show your true power, it might just get you exactly what you want, I was afraid but he showed me how, it was like everything opened up and weight was lifted off my shoulders, don't be afraid of who you truly are.

Emma had been avoiding Tom for weeks now, whenever she saw him in the hallway or in classes she would move away avoiding any eye contact possible. She acted as if he didn't exist.

Tom did everything he could in order to speak to her, but whenever he tried she would run away. But Tom had the perfect way to finally speak to her. They had patrols together this week and it was the only way she would speak to him willingly.

The Slytherin's and Ravenclaw's were outside heading towards their Herbology class. Gryffindor and Hufflepuff were currently filing out. Tom watched as Aaron Weasley reached towards Emma, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and kissed him lightly before letting go.

"Hey how was class?" Emma asked Aaron

Aaron thought for a bit "Educational I guess, also do you want to hang out later tonight We could even read that book you like, what is called..." he thought "Right the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"

Emma smiled at the how thoughtful Aaron could be but she frowned at the fact she had patrols tonight "I would actually love to but I can't I have patrols" she told him

Aaron frowned "Oh well, another day then. Get to class before your late" he said kissing her cheek

"Alright I'll see you later" Emma said, She felt like her bad mood instantly lifted just by talking with Aaron, she felt as if she truly did not deserve him.

| |

Emma was getting ready for her Head Girl patrols, she placed on her cardigan and took out her wand, Sophia and Nancy were already fast asleep, snoring loudly, if Sophia heard herself she might scream in horror. Emma kissed Moon's head before she headed out the door.

Emma was anxious about seeing Tom since the incident. But she only hoped he would stay away from her and won't try and speak to her. Emma entered the dark corridor "Lumos" the tip of her lit a way for her.

She brought her wand lower not wanting to wake the cranky portraits from their slumber. She was supposed to meet Tom on the third floor. Emma saw the corridor empty, Tom was no where in sight, so Emma sat against the cold slabs of stone and waited patiently, she kept looking to her watch every so often wondering if he was ever going to show up and end up doing the patrols herself.

Emma heard the sound of footsteps, Emma pointed her wand at the left side of the corridor, she saw a figure walking but it wasn't Tom. "Aaron? what are you doing here, I could dock points or give you detention for this" She said in a hush tone

"Thought you could probably skip your patrols just this once, and you won't dare" Aaron said.

Emma raised an eyebrow "Fine 20 points from Gryffindor and a detention" Said Emma

Aaron was shocked "I'm sorry but being Head Girl is important to me and I can't make any exceptions, you should just go back to the Gryffindor Tower before Riddle gets here and dock points and give you an extra detention"

Aaron understood but he didn't know she had patrols with Tom Riddle, he also didn't know what he did to her and she wanted to keep it that way "Riddle?"

Emma nodded "yes, now come on before he docks more points and gives you a two week detention"

"She's right you know" A voice said, the Ravenclaw and the Gryffindor turned their heads to the sound of the voice, it was dark but suddenly there was light.