THIRTY FOUR: GREEN LIGHT

PART TWO, THIRTY FOUR: GREEN LIGHT

You are my brave girl, and I know you will do great things. You aren't anything like him, never doubt that.

Emma sat at the kitchen table silently to herself, sipping her tea, her wand in front of her as she waited for Tom to show. It was late, probably about 8 o'clock at night. She watched the hours tick by slowly. She wasn't sure what she was going to say or do when she saw her husband walk through the door but she knew how it would end.

Within a matter of moments the floo roared a green light that it casted a shadow on the furniture into the room.

Tom instantly knew something was off, he didn't hear Eleanor's patter of feet running down the stairs to welcome her father home. He didn't smell the feast Emma was usually cooking in the kitchen, So he went to investigate.

He walked upstairs knocking on his daughter's bedroom door, "Nellie?" he asked aloud, but with the quick knock the door opened slightly, her pretty pink bedroom was in neat shape but the draws drawn open and her clothes gone. The pictures of her family that were on the walls were gone as well.

Tom walked down the stairs, as he stepped into the kitchen seeing Emma sitting on the chair, her hands folded as she watched the doorway where he was standing in

"Where's Eleanor? her clothes are gone. Where is she?" He asked

"She's not here" Emma had said as she stood from her chair placing her teacup in the sink

Tom questioned her "What do you mean she's not here? where is she?"

Emma leaned against the sink casually, "She's gone where you'll never be able to find her"

Emma lifted herself and stalked towards him "You actually thought I wasn't going to find out" she said pointing to the article on the table "What did you do to me?"

"What are you talking about Emma?" Tom asked

"You know exactly what i'm talking about!" She shrieked, "You've known this entire time, for a long time i thought i was going crazy, there's no way that Tom could've hurt me like that, there's no way he could've obliviated me"

He brought a hand to his face in frustration and angered look taking over his features, he grabbed the vase from the table and threw it against the wall with no hesitation. Emma flinched at the sound as his anger began to rise

"So you know then?" Tom asked

"How could you?" she snarled "I've known for a very long time, you played a very interesting game with me, Tom," Emma said simply

"So you've known, this entire time, you remember?" he asked

"I have since I found out I was pregnant with Nell, I remember everything. I remember when you hurt me, bruised me, I remember every lie you told me, every single memory with you, I remember. It was all game" Emma said "You never loved me, you can't feel it. You have no humanity. I don't even want to know how that feels like. What you may think is love is actually obsession, possession. You will never know love... and I feel sorry for you"