TWELVE: GUILTY

PART ONE, TWELVE: GUILTY

I dont think I have ever felt more guilty in my entire life of living, I hated not having the situation controlled. I hated lying, betraying and not being true to myself. Perhaps I learned my lesson but then again I was always a rebel.

The Hogwarts school was in chaos, with Aaron Weasley their star studded student athlete was tortured to an inch of his life. Everyone was on edge, all looking behind their backs to see if someone was following them.

People were expressing their worries and sorrow for the student, but everyone was out for a watchful eye for the suspect. Nott laid in his bed his body glistening with sweat as he slept. His eyes tightening as he squirmed and speaking in a hush tone.

His dreams were plagued with the Weasley's boy screams, he could hear every single crack of bone. He could smell the blood that stained the floor.

He could see Tom's crimson eyes staring at him angrily, that's when he woke, panicking from the horrid nightmare.

No one else was in the room but him and he was glad for it, he didn't want his friends to think he was weak. He thought the nightmare would go away within a few weeks, but little did he know that night will forever haunt him not even a Dreamless potion could help him.

|  |

The color white in the hospital wing was almost blinding, Emma sat at the edge of the bed, holding Aaron's hand, his head and most of his limbs covered in bandages. Emma could literally smell the remnants of the dark magic off his body.

Professor Barrows had found Aaron in the middle of night, many are surprised that he even lived, since his injuries are so extreme.

Cheryl stood on the other side of the bed staring at her twin brother's deathly paled face "Who would do this to him?" Cheryl asked, her voice harsh as she had been crying for most of the morning.

Emma shook her head "I have no idea" she looked up at Cheryl her face tear streaked as well.

Emma couldn't help but feel guilty, her mind had kept wandering to Tom as she stared at Aaron's state.

Cheryl stood up suddenly as wiped her face a "I'm going to breakfast, wanna come?" Cheryl asked

Emma shook her head "No I think I'm going to stay here for a bit"

Cheryl gave her a half hearted smile as her footsteps retreated out of the hospital wing.

Emma grabbed Aaron's hand tighter, She breathed in deeply, Madam Plumbery wasn't exactly sure when Aaron would wake up since his injuries were extremely critical, there is currently a debate on whether Aaron should go to St. Mungo's or stay here at Hogwarts.

She hasn't spoken to Tom and nor was she planning to, she hasn't seen him since the party last night, she had ran straight to her dorm room and cried for hours, she didn't hear about Aaron until about four in the morning when Slughorn came knocking.

She didn't think she had rushed to go to Hospital wing so urgently before in her life.

Emma looked away from Aaron's sleeping form as she heard someone call her name, She internally groaned when she saw Tom Riddle standing near the cot. Emma wiped her eyes as she had been crying, she hadn't even changed her clothes. She was still wearing the bright red dress, the makeup long gone from her face.

"What do you want?" She asked her voice so quiet as she turned back to Aaron.

Tom was aware that she probably didn't want to speak to him nor be around him because of his behavior. But Emma Swan was so unpredictable that he wasn't sure what he should do. He had debated writing a letter but he was so sure she would ignore it and rip it to shreds the next day at the dinner table right in front of him.