Chapter 53

As the two Ryuhis fly to the island, Veena communicates with the students. She uses that strange and cute thing again to write, "Can I see your stones?". They don't know why, but they fully trust her, she has that aura that calms everything. One by one, the young heroes approach her and let her see Khrome's gift. She inspects it first, then moves her lips in a mysterious way and a few undecipherable letters are swallowed by the gemstone. She writes in the air again, explaining that she reinforced what Khrome did, inside each one of those gemstone, there's a powerful barrier that protect the owner from everything, Veena just reinforced that barrier, so even those ugly monsters can't lay a finger on them. When the screen reflects that you and Seatiel laid on the resort island, Veena snaps her fingers and a portal appears, connecting Lyra Adamantia with the island, right behind (Y/N) and Seatiel's backs. The two warriors step aside opening the way for her and the heroes of the A-1 class. The adolescents would feel like kings and queens seeing the strongest persons bowing like that, but the surroundings don't let them enjoy that thought. They remember clearly how beautiful and warming was Khrome's island, the white and splendid beaches, the green and refreshing trees, people smiling for everything, sociable animals... Now, all of that is just a memory. All the nature died, the sand is grey, the sea looks polluted, all the buildings are cracked and destroyed, a few dead animals here and there and people running and trying to fight for their lives...

With a nod, Veena moves the Kafka's heirs, Seatiel steps back to protect her and the class, while you walk forward and cross your hands above your head. Frozen streams are collecting in your fingers with little crystals of ice. The ugly monsters are coming out, called by the sudden increase of power, and waiting until the last moment, you freeze them all with just opening your hands like a blossoming flower and your fingers lead the streams over the surroundings, freezing everything in a mere second, sparing only humans and animals. With the monsters immobilized, the students have the permission to help people to withdraw while you and Seatiel protect them. Shouto holds Veena's hand because she wants to show him what he can do with the one who holds the stars' power, and Endevour's son sees the woman crying silently, watching all that destruction.

<<Veena-san, are you okay?>> asks the kid worried, "I don't know why, but seeing her crying like this, makes my heart ache." the lady smiles at him, but the tears don't stop falling, "Why she's crying in the first place?" <<Ah, wait!>> Veena walks towards a few dead people and dead animals.

<<I'll go with her. You stay with your generation.>> says Seatiel walking right behind her, while Todoroki steps next you, holding your little finger with his, "Every time I see her tears, my chest hurts." thinks Seatiel standing behind the kneeled Veena caressing the dead, comforting them, giving to them the kindness they did not had, they were killed so brutally, after being fooled and their feelings were used like a toy. "It upset me so much, no matter how many centuries pass. Even being the strongest in this world, I can't avoid making her cry... My own weakness disgusting me." the man doesn't talk, he just kneels beside her and lends his shoulder, and she gladly accepts it, resting her head on it, "I made you suffer more than anyone else. I don't deserve your light... I may be a demon, and I may be bound to Hell, but I've found myself the most beautiful Heaven... But with my stupidity and blindness, I banned myself from that Heaven for eternity. I was fine in that cold and senseless darkness I was surrounded with, I put my treasure in the most horrible situation ever, that place was a punishment for being the reason of your suffering, but a very smooth and melodic sound called my name again." <<Veena, the kids finished the evacuation of people and animals.>> whispers gently the man, wiping her tears away, <<You should go back. Leave the battlefield to me.>>

"Like in my dream, Seatiel really cares for Veena-san." thinks Izuku analyzing how those two behave with each other, "His cold and mismatched gaze becomes so soft when he gazes upon her, his expressions become gentler, his body relaxes, it's like Veena-san is a natural calming for him. If he acts like in my dream, if something tries to hurt her, he would have none of it. I can see that he's like in the dream, so... he's still himself? Then the colder and mercilessly behavior he had in our first meeting... He was acting the bad role? If so, I wonder if Veena-san can change his mind about fighting with the villains. If he fights with us, we can create a new peace immediately, All Might's absence and loss would be completely erased. But I don't know why, a part of me is screaming that even Veena-san can't change his mind that easily. He's disgusted by humans, if he has the chance of destroying us all, he'll do it without thinking twice. I don't understand, he hates evil people, but fights by villains' side... It's so confusing."