Chapter II

【Chapter II】

After half of an hour whimpering, Leon took a deep sigh when Hunnigan spoke. "Leon? Can you hear me now? The line has been cut off maybe because of the signal you have there." She reasoned.

He mumbled as a reply, "You did it on purpose, didn't you?" He said firmly as he was standing in front of the window where she left. "You knew she was here so you've wanted me to come at this abandoned building for me to see her." His voice started to quiver.

He shut his eyes and an image of her flashed in his mind. How he wanted spend this night alone with her, how he missed her after all these years. And yet, she left him. What's worse? She did it... again.

"Because I know that it is what you've always wanted-"

"Now look what you've just did!" He furiously shouted and buried his face into his hands. "I had her in my arms and I even held her hand. Begging her to stop running away from me and yet, she let go of my grip."

"Leon, I am-"

"Do you have any idea how it hurts seeing her letting go of my hold? As if she was saying she doesn't need me... that she's better off without me... it was as if she already has imagined her life, her future without me in the picture. And the worst part is? She's so used to leaving me to the point it makes me want to think that all we had is a lie." He said and let out a forced snicker, "I wonder if anyone is happy to have me in their lives in view of the fact that my existence feels more fucking pointless as the days go by."

"Stop thinking it with that way!" Hunnigan retorted. "It's not what it looks like, Leon. Sometimes, you just have to understand the current situation she has always been. I mean come on we both know her line of work, don't we?" She said more in a gentle tone.

She has always been more than Leon's F.O.S. agent. She's a friend to him especially when it comes to Leon's personal relationships. She's there to say what he needed to hear.

"You know what, there are times I've wished we'd be together against all odds." He said and teared up a little. His palms turned into fists, he angrily threw the mic and the speaker that was attached to his ear and kicked it far. "Why can't I have you?" He whispered.

With that, he furiously ran to the bottom part of the building where he parked his bike. He took his helmet off on the side of the handlebar of his bike and put it on his head. He speed up his bike to the highest speed to drive at the nearest bar. He thought this is what he needed.

He made his way inside the bar. The bar was filled by people who loves dancing all night long, some woman who are called sluts for having their own sugar daddies. As he looked around he saw that there's a lot of people who are making out in the corner yet he doesn't have an ounce of care.

He sat by the stool in front of the desk. Later on, there's a bartender which is a woman looked at him seductively and waved her hips from side to side yet Leon didn't pay any attention to it.

"Bacardi 151." He mumbled against his breath.

The bartender bowed down to meet his gaze, "Wanna get laid this night, stranger?" She said with a wink.

Leon looked at her, face full of disgust. "All you need to do is to serve people and look pretty. Additionally, you're not my type."

The woman angrily marched towards the shelves and took the drink he wanted, she came back, putted it angrily in front of him then left him alone.

"It's a little early to be in that deep in the bottle, handsome."

A woman said behind his back, he didn't bother himself to check the woman yet instead he played his drink, swirling it to make a tornado on the alcohol itself.