Chapter XXVII

Leon smelled something burning and woke up. He sat down on his bed right away, checked the time, and saw that it was only seven in the morning. He recalled that he had barely arrived home by five and had slept for a mere two hours. He yawned after wiping his eyes in an attempt to drive away his fatigue. He returned to bed after forgetting why he had woken up in the first place. But even after a little while, he can still smell something burning. He leapt out of bed and went outside right away, fearing that it might be his entire apartment. He was just wearing his gray sweatpants, and he hadn't realized he had no top on.

He's walking to his kitchen, and he can still feel how tired he is. If only Ashley wasn't a big pain in the ass. Oh, and speaking of Ashley, was it she who gave off the burning stench in the house? Thoughtlessly, he ran as fast as he could to his kitchen. Only to find out that Ashley was trying to cook a meal for them both, he could see 2 plates on the countertop, 2 burnt eggs, and sausages.

Ashley is attempting to cook the pancake and is frustrated by how hard it is to cook, as the pancake's oils are hurting her. "Ouch," she mumbled.

Leon watched her cook, wondering how the fuck the pancake could hurt her. He leaned his shoulders against the wall while he crossed his arms in front of his chest. "What are you doing, trying to burn my house?" Leon uttered.

Ashley leaped out of instinct, as she was surprised. She put her hand on her chest in an attempt to calm her heart. "Fuck, you're going to give me a heart attack." She was also trying to control her breathing. Leon had no shirt on, so she examined him from head to toe when she turned. She took a deep breath; she was staring at his body. Her cheeks are turning red.

She was wearing the clothing he left for her when Leon gave her an extensive look. He could no longer smell her vomit, so it appeared she had already taken a bath. He also observed something else that was strange but familiar.

"Where'd you get that?" Leon inquired.

She cleared her throat, hoping he didn't notice how long she was staring at his body. Ashley went back to turn the pancake and then looked at him again, her left eyebrow raised. "Get what?" She was confused if he was referring to the ingredients she used to prepare their breakfast since she just took them from his pantry.

"That's my fucking hoodie," Leon retorted. He's furious as to why she's wearing it; he's pretty damn sure he didn't leave his favorite hoodie inside of the vacant's room closet, did he? It's his favorite. He was wearing that hoodie when Ada visited him that night (referring to RE: Damnation). He still wears that hoodie whenever he's feeling alone, or he needs something to help him sleep when he's having insomnia.

"Oh, sorry," Ashley apologized shamefully. "It was chilly when I woke up at six. I was compelled to take one of your sweatshirts. Don't worry! I'll make sure this gets cleaned well," she said, flashing him her sweetest smile.

Leon didn't care; he took a deep breath, trying to contain his emotions. "I'll ask you again; where'd you get that?"

"I went inside your room and—" she was immediately cut off by Leon.

"Take it off."

His tone of voice made it clear that he was outraged. Ashley knew she was a spoiled brat, but this time she was petrified, and his tone was strong. It is like he's telling her that if she doesn't follow, who knows what will happen to her? It's just a fucking hoodie! She pondered to her head. She removed the hoodie as fast as she could and instantly handed it to Leon. "Here, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that hoodie must have had a significant value." She apologetically said, "It won't happen again, I promise!" She lifted her right hand and made a cross with her other hand over her heart.