Chapter XI

【Chapter XI】

“Jill, I have already found a hide out for Adam.” Claire said as she was running towards Jill.

Jill still has her eyes on Adam, she didn’t know Ada has raised such beautiful, handsome, and adorable kid all by herself. Everything Adam says and does made more sense to her now. He got it from his mother who’s always calm and collected even in most extreme situations, just like what Adam has said. It’s kind of cute that Ada didn’t much bother herself to name Adam, she simple named it after her. Heck, Jill didn’t even know she’s capable of taking care of a kid. It was quite impressive that Ada has managed to raise Adam for what he has become, plus he is a good and intelligent kid.

“Jill?” Claire said as she patted Jill’s shoulder. That’s when Jill has awaken from her thoughts, she looked at Claire. “I said I have found a hide out for Adam. Let’s go maybe Leon is already waiting for us.” She said as she beckoned her head and walked to Adam’s hide out.

Jill looked at Adam, “Hey little buddy, you don’t want to cause a World War III, don’t you?” She bantered and let out a small giggle.

Adam nodded at her as his reply.

“Then this would be our little secret, okay?” She said as she took her hands and ruffled Adam’s hair. “Not unless Uncle Leon asks you. Got it?”

Even though Adam doesn’t understand why Jill wants to keep it as a secret that his mom’s name is Ada Wong, he nodded as a reply. He doesn’t want to be the cause of Jill’s so called ‘World War III’. His brows crumpled in confusion when Jill mentioned Leon, why on earth would he only mention it to him wherein he doesn’t even know Leon in the first place. Still, he nodded again.

Jill fixed his hair again into its original hairstyle. She took Adam’s hands as she stood up and walked towards to Claire who is patiently waiting for them.

Claire smiled at Adam, “Hey big guy, you’re going to hide here for the mean time. All right?” She said and extended her arms to Adam to pick him up, Adam let go of Jill’s hand. “I have already cleaned this up, this would do.” She said as she showed Adam his hide out.

It looks like a dumpster nonetheless, it’s clean just like what Claire has said. Adam doesn’t seem finicky and so he nodded at Claire. She slowly put Adam down the dumpster even though it’s kinda smelly, he didn’t mind as long as he’s going to be safe.

“Does it smells bad?” Claire’s perturbation kicks in.

Adam nodded at her, although he’s not finicky nonetheless he’s not going to lie.

Jill quickly rummaged her back pocket and took out her blue handkerchief. She immediately handed it to Adam, “Here honey.” She said.

Adam took the handkerchief and folded it into a triangle, he tied the ends at the back of his head to block the smell. “Thank you.” He muttered to Jill.

“We’re going to be quick as we can,” Claire said and hugged Adam. “If you do hear some gunshots, don’t be frightened. Okay?” She assured him and kissed his forehead. Even though they just met Adam, their feelings for him are kinda strange, and Claire also feel that there’s something about Adam.

“We’ll come back for you.” Jill reassuringly said to him and hugged him too. “Now, go sit down so we could close it.” She said and Adam nods.

“I know you will.” Adam said and sat down.

Jill and Claire smiled at him sweetly and they closed the lid and ran to Chris.

Adam clasped his hands together and closed his eyes. “I know you’ll take good care of them, and my mommy.” He whispered. Although Ada isn’t the religious type, she taught Adam to pray to God when danger comes in. She taught him to ask God to guide him, to keep him safe, and watch him from above.