Chapter III

【Chapter III】

"That is not true." He said, almost in a whisper.

His mind cannot process every revelation he has heard this evening. All he wanted to do is to unwind for a bit yet encountering people he once knew is giving him nothing but a stress.

"It's not true all right," Angela sarcastically said while putting her arms in front of her chest. "Know it yourself, handsome. Maybe your F.O.S. Agent knew." She said and gave him a smirk.

Leon's hands clenched into fists, "Just make sure you're not involved to any of this, Miller."

Angela hissed as a reply, giving him a mischievous grin while rolling her eyes.

Leon rushed to his bike and started his engine without bothering to use his helmet. He drove his way to the US Government F.O.S.' building after Angela has said.

His mind wasn't able to process everything he has heard. It keeps on echoing in his head.

"She's about to steal the world's one of the most powerful virus that could easily turn people into B.O.W.s without a cure."

What was Ada's thinking? Sure, he knows her line of work yet he wasn't informed that she's capable to turn the world to a complete chaos. That's not how he knew her. He gets the point that she's stealing viruses for her organization but that is her job as a spy. She still has a care for the world. She's just doing it because she has to.

Isn't she?

As he reached the front desk, he slapped both of his hands on the table.

"Where is Hunnigan's office?!" His rough voice bombarded the office, all of the agents' heads abruptly turned their gazes to him.

The agent in front of him looked at him nervously, "She's located at thirty-seventh floor." She answered right away.

Leon ran as fast as he could to the lift.

When he reached Hunnigan's office. He quickly scanned the area and saw Hunnigan's figure in front of the transparent computer screen. He made his way to her.

"Hunnigan, is it true?" He immediately asked her, all of the agents looked at him as they stopped their work for a bit to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Hunnigan quickly looked up to him, confused. "True about what?" It is pretty obvious she doesn't know what Leon's talking about. Hunnigan was never been this confused whenever it comes to the world she's in.

Leon was hesitating to answer her question knowing for the fact she doesn't even know what he's saying. "There would be a virus spreading globally if we don't stop it, now." He said firmly through his gritted teeth.

Hunnigan looked down, trying to process the big news. Later on, she shakes her head. "These are all new to me."

"We must do something to stop it, Hunnigan!" He exclaimed while slamming his hands again on the table. And then, took a handful of his hair. He is indeed stressed. "It needs to be-"

Before Leon could continue his statement, she cut him off. "Hold that thought, who told you that there would be a virus spreading globally?" She interrogated.

Leon released a exasperatedly sigh. "Angela Miller."

Hunnigan reached to her glasses to remove it, took the hem of her blouse to wipe her glasses. "So it is her, huh? People say she retired from being a special response team to a spy. If I'm not mistaken, I think she's working with Ada Wong." She said as a matter of fact then she wore again her glasses.