×[¤ Chapter 36 ¤] ×

True friendship is never serene ○

"So, you do know, the love letter was for me?!" Risa screeched perplexed after Fay was done explaining her everything from the beginning.

"Yep," Fay answered calmly, taking a sip off her frappé.

"Oh thank god!" Risa let out a sigh in relieve, "I was so troubled by the idea of you not knowing."

"Nah, I found out before." Fay shrugged reassuringly, "Is that why you suddenly didn't "feel well" ?"

"Yeah..." Risa let out a short sheepish laugh "I didn't really know how to properly tell you. I mean, I saw and understood that you had already found a solution for the whole situation, but I wasn't sure if you knew this part."

"Since we have 10 very carefree guys in our class, the cat was out off the bag before Daniel himself knew it." a small smile played on Fay's lips.

"Soo, what are you going to do now?" Risa questioned curiously, "With Daniel I mean, nothing seems different to be honest."

"Well, the man does claim he likes me now," Fay replied carefully, not sure about how to explain her situation with him.

"Love, you mean." Risa interrupted her, "You must be blind if you can't tell the difference just by the look in his eyes."

"Yeah, whatever." Fay tried to wave it away casually, "We decided to be more than strangers, less than lovers."

"Isn't that called friends?" Risa raised an eyebrow.

"Dunno if you could call it that." Fay said "I mean I know I like him, not gonne deny that. So far the feelings seem, I quote 'seem' mutual, but I don't want to jump right back in as if nothing happened. "

"He has to prove it to you." Risa clapped in her hands, finally understanding the sitiation, "Until then, you won't progress the relationship."

"Yeah, and I'm content with that." Fay nodded her head, "It was quite the low blow, if I may say."

"It was indeed the low blow, but..." Risa knew her friend was holding something back, and she scanned her face.

"What, but?" Fay asked acting oblivious, looking down on her coffee and avoiding eye-contact.

"There has to be a but!" Risa exclaimed with narrowed eyes and a smirk,  "Something has happened inbetween, and I know it. I smell it!"

Fay was about to deny it, but Risa stopped her "Ssht! Don't lie to me Park Fayre! As much as you can read me, I can read you."

"Okay fine, we kissed," Fay mumbled in a small voice, as she rested her head on the table.

It took a while for Risa to process that before she brought her face closer to Fay's head and whispered in a high squeaky voice, "How far did you kiss?!"

"All the way," Fay replied back as her voice came out muffled.

"You mean?" Risa pointed from her mouth to Fays.

"Yep." Fay looked up as her cheeks were slightly pink tinted "I didn't even reject him."

"Big fat mood you know?" Risa stated sinking back into her chair "Why would you reject him to be honest."

"Uhm, because I told him we should be friends only half a day ago." Fay made a duh gesture with her hand.

"It happened during the party!" Risa gasped putting all the pieces together, "After he had barged in on us with Leo that afternoon."

"That fateful day..." Fay nodded her head, "You know what's even worse? This might sound bad, but the kiss felt right and good."

"First of all that's not weird, and second what's so bad about that?" Risa said laconically, she could totally relate to the situation as she had been in a similar one with Leo.