×[¤ Chapter 48 ¤] ×

Come live in my heart and pay no rent

Fay followed him quietly with crossed fingers, sincerely hoping for the best.

"We don't have much," The employee started and Fay's heart started dropping but then he picked up 3 boxes and said, "But we do have these three if they're of any help."

Fay quickly scanned the boxes in his hand and saw that one was a plain foil, another one was decorated with flowers at the border, and the last one had a variety of wild animals on the bottom part.

Fay had to surpress a high pitched noise and calmly took the roll with wild animals from the employee, although on the inside she was making somersaults.

"I'll take this one," She beamed happily.

"I'm glad we have what you need." The emplyee said with a relieved smile.

"I'm glad too," Fay nodded her head as at that time Daniel appeared in the asile too.

"Fay, I have the fairy lights!" He beamed just as happily whilst holding up a small box in his hand.

"I got the foil too!" Fay said excited unlocking a confused expression from Daniel.

"I'll see you at the cashier," The employee said with a chuckle, and Fay nodded at him before turning towards Daniel who gave the employee a nod too.

"Foil?" Daniel looked extremely confused by that time.

"Yeah, window foil." Fay held up the box in her hand as if it was self-explanatory, "It even has an animal print on it."

It took a while for Daniel to understand the purpose of the foil, but then his mouth formed an 'o', and Fay started laughing.

"Finally, it rang a bell," She playfully hit his chest.

"Damn, I'm slow," Daniel groaned brushing a hand through his hair, "It's to paste the foil against the glass of the lantern."

"I'm glad you know yourself well," Fay giggled as she tugged him along by the hand, towards the cashier.

"This please," She put everything on the counter and waited for the cashier to scan everything.

Daniel had refrained from proposing to pay for the things because he knew Fay would've gotten really mad since the present had an important meaning.

He waited outside the shop for Fay to finish and she softly tapped his shoulder when she stepped outside too.

"We can finally eat our chicken nuggets!" Daniel stretched his arms in the air.

They took a seat at the nearby benches in the mall and took out the box of chicken nuggets they had bought.

"We should've bought them afterward after all," Fay pouted looking at the cooled down chicken nuggets.

"Naawh, it's alright didn't I promise to take you to a great lunch place?" Daniel said as he dipped a nugget into the sauce and held it up in front of her mouth. Fay obediently opened her mouth, whilst nodding her head and took a bite. "I'll take you there for dinner."

Fay swallowed the nugget before answering "Sounds good to me, where is this place?"

"I'll keep that a secret for now." Daniel winked as he fed her another chicken nugget, "Just know that we won't stay at the mall and that we'll have to take the bus again."

"What should we do till then?" Fay stopped Daniels hand that was continuously feeding her and pushed it towards his own mouth to make him eat too.

"Well," Daniel gave her an insecure and doubting look, "Would you mind helping me with shopping for some clothes?"