❰ 1 ❱

━━━━━━━━━━━━

We had thirty minutes until school started. I was going to take all of us out on the road. By "all of us" I meant Bram, (my boyfriend), Abby, Nick, and Leah. All of my friends let Bram into the group pretty easily. I had never felt happier in my life. I drove out onto the highway blaring a P!ATD song. I reached into my jacket pocket with my left hand on the wheel. There was a package of Oreos in my pocket. Bram stopped me from tossing them into my mouth.

"It's like six in the morning," Bram stuffed the Oreos away in his hoodie pouch pocket. Leah was snorting. It was like a morning ritual, me eating Oreos with my coffee. She knew that - I knew that. I made eye contact with her in the review mirror, we laughed in sync. Like good old times. Abby and Nick were sitting next to each other talking about some sort of soccer thing.

"Leah!" I complained from the front seat, "Bram stole my Oreos!" I turned onto an exit ramp so I could turn around and head to school. I was getting panicky thinking about my Oreos not being in my pocket. They were the new 'Halloween' branded Oreos. Bram laughed.

"You can get them back once it's lunchtime, Oreos are not to be eaten in the morning," Bram announced. I gasped. Abby and Nick stopped talking, Abby elbowed Nicks' rib. Things were about to go down. Oreos? Not for the morning?

"Bram, Oreos are for every time of the day!" I gasped, hitting him in the arm. All muscle. Ah. I blushed, hoping no one else saw. Leah probably suspected me getting flustered. I heard her sip her coffee. "I feel personally attacked," I looked at the car clock. We had twenty minutes to get to class and we were ten minutes away from school.

"Si, I am so not ready for that Trig test," Leah grunted. She never liked the tests and always complained about them. She also stayed up late with me until we passed out from exhaustion studying for this class. Bram was also in Trig, one day I would get some sort of courage to ask him to study with us. One day.

"Ugh, right?" I pulled into the schools parking lot. I pulled out my phone to check out some of my social media feeds. I got a text from Bram, a link to a website about some new TV show. With a text attached.

BRAM: we must watch this together...

I laughed, reading the detailed description of the TV show. It was about a group of kids coming out to their parents. It sounded pretty interesting to me. And watching it with Bram? Even better. Leah was saying something to Nick about the next soccer game.

SIMON: looks like we're going to have to go to Nick's practice first 

BRAM: good with me :)

I laughed, which got Abby's attention. She smiled and made eye contact with Nick, then Leah. I turned around to look back at all of them. "What are you all doing?" I think I was blushing, I could hear Bram's texts filter into my phone. Which Abby noticed.

"Are you guys texting each other? That's cute," I shook my head, getting out of the driver's seat, noticing that we had five minutes to get to class. "Stop blushing Speir!" Leah screamed. I walked off with Bram, hand-in-hand glaring at her.

━━━━━━━━━━━━