Knowing

.......I LOVE YOU BABY!!! Got bored again. Enjoy.

KNOWING

   I walked out of school and looked around. This time, I saw him coming. I turned my head just in time to see a blur, and that blur was Bryce. I looked at him. He looked at me surprised like I did something. “What!” I said bothered by his staring. “Why'd you turn around?” he said. “Because I saw you…nothing,” I can't trust him yet, not after what they said. “Did you see me? How is that possible?” he was looking at me like a lab rat. “I didn't. I've got to go. You're freaking me out,” He wasn't himself, and I didn't want to be in it so I walked away but he grabbed my arm. “Wait! You're a jistibas? So the rumors are true,” he looks crazy, maybe he is? “What the heck is that?” I ask him.

   “It's someone who can see the future and where it's coming from all over the world. You're special, you just don't know it,” he said with a smile. I didn't really get it, why me? I sat down on the bench.

    “So… what does this have to do with anything?” I said. He sat down next to me. “Well, it wasn't supposed to be this way. A long time ago, when Christopher Columbus was born, lived your great-great-great-great grandmother. My dad knew her. She was a courageous woman, she taught my dad everything about being the best. She was the best,” “The best what? And how does your dad know my great-great-great-great grandmother if she was born so long ago?” I say curiously.

   He laughed. “I know you probably won't believe me but my dad stopped aging 1,000 years ago. And something went wrong when your grandmother and my dad went hunting. They walked deep into the forest and ended up lost. They kept walking and found a giant crystal imbedded deep in the ground. They tried to grab it so they could bring it to the village and be rich. But when they tried to move it, it didn't budge. They let go and the strangest thing happened, it floated up into the air with no help at all.

   You're grandmother tried to grab it and my dad tried to stop her because then she couldn't let go. It was something not right about the crystal. She ignored him and grabbed it but then she couldn't move her hands away. She stared at it, mesmerized by its shine. Then the crystal stabbed her in the hand and she disappeared. The last thing my dad saw of her was her blood on the half heart shaped piece of glass,” I look at the ground and then at Bryce. I remember when my dad disappeared, he was holding the same piece of glass that my grandmother got cut on. Bryce and I looked at each other without saying anything.

   He understood what I was going through. He was like my best friend, and a little more. “So, my dad and my grandmother have some kind of connection?” I say to him. “Yeah. When she disappeared my dad returned to tell the village. But no one believed him. They were the only werewolf's alive at that time, and when she disappeared, the line of werewolf's broke. They said there would be more but no one knew when. My dad thought it was his fault because he didn't stop her. But now, you're here and you can save the world from destruction!” I back away.

   He was talking crazy. “I'm not special. Just different, plus I'm not a werewolf,” “Not yet. It doesn't just come over night, it takes time. Maybe even a few years,” he said to me. “Well no one told me about this,” “Well no one knew other than me” Bryce said in a whispery voice. “Well actually I was the first to find out. Then I blabbed. I know you,” he looked deep into my eyes.

    I think we were having a moment but I didn't know. We couldn't be. I looked away. “So, anyway, you said world of destruction. What do you mean?” he looked down. “Werewolf's. There are others, but all they care about is destroying everything in sight. They have a problem with us and another family because we we're the only ones who could stand up to them. They used to torment humans all the time, but now it's just on Halloween,” I stared at the same spot on the ground he was staring at. “Why on Halloween?”

   “Ever since we stood up to them, they've been scared of us. So on Halloween they think they can fit in and not get spotted, that's when they start trouble,” he looks mad and a little sad. “Okay. There's just one thing I don't get. Are……you a werewolf?” I had to know. Considering its most likely. He laughed and looked at me. “Not just me or my family. But other people, people you know,” he looked at me. I thought about it for a second.

   Then he stood up, but by the time I looked up he was already gone. I pondered over this while I walked home. Which I now find out is too dangerous now.

 Oooooooo. Cliffhanger! I've always wanted to say that.